News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sunking

Started by cjkbug, June 20, 2011, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

Here is a sunking on 1 of the last 2 boards I bought from Bean. I did the double diode switch mod, with bat41's, ma856's, 1n914's, and some nos metal can Tesla diodes. I might make some adjustments after playing for a while. I originally used ad712 opamps which I wouldn't recommend. They sounded boxy and harsh. I replaced one with a op2134 and it sounded better, and I have  some on order so I'll replace the second shortly. I haven't really liked the 712's in anything but the serendipity.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jimmybjj

I like the whole project. Your wiring is outstanding!
Pcbs no longer available

k.rock!

This is a very sexy Sunking dude!!

The graphics pop out of the enclosure and your wiring is flawless...Fantastic job man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

yomanfree

ouawww. perfect wiring and finishing is impressing ....
Do you feel it sounds like in the video from JakeFuzz ?
(probably one of my next build but I've before another project).

I would like to build 2 Sunking in one pedal. Is someone tried one to boost the other ? Does it make sense from your opinion ?

Thanks

bigmufffuzzwizz

Wow that is impressive! I must agree inside and outside are spectacular! Telsa can diodes would be LM313's that tubeman used? Which diodes are your favorite so far?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

mjcyates

That is one fine pedal. Great job!

Haberdasher

Great wiring dude.  A very classy pedal indeed.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

sgmezei

Wow dude, the wiring, the finish, the attention to detail. That build is amazing, GREAT job.

cjkbug

Thanks for the compliments guys.
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 20, 2011, 04:46:34 PM
Wow that is impressive! I must agree inside and outside are spectacular! Telsa can diodes would be LM313's that tubeman used? Which diodes are your favorite so far?

those aren't the same as tubeman's diodes. I still want to try some of those. I like the tesla's. It's funny the different diodes do change the character of the circuit a little but they all do sound like the sunking, If that makes sence. My favorite clippers in the sunking so far are a pair of 2n7000's with a 1n34a in series, followed by a pair of 3mm green led's a close second.
I also like the sound of 1n695's.  I just got a bunch of nos black glass diodes that I'm dying to try out. I only have one sunking board left so I gotta come up with something interesting.

plesur

nzCdog

Great job man, as usual... and excellent choice of towel color too, I find it hard getting a good shot of my pedals with my cheapo cybershot camera ;)

aflynt

Beautiful graphics and wiring. That's a lot of stuff to cram into that enclosure and you've done a fantastic job keeping it neat.

-Aaron

JeffdaMaori

Super rockin' cool and perfectly executed, sweet!
Very nice graphics yet again, may I ask which program/software you use to create designs?
What's the label you print on?
Cheers

cjkbug

I use photoshop cs1. All decals are currently being done on either clear or white inkjet decals stock from www.decalpaper.com

I much prefer using inkjet paper as you eliminate haveing to clearcoat the decal before application. But I smoked my printer a couple months ago and haven't invested in a new one yet.

tubeman

Sweet Looking build bro. Congrats!