News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2020 Tonebenders

Started by G.G., December 27, 2020, 07:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

2020 was the Year of the Tonebender around my desk. From left to right: DAM/Solasound MKII Hybrid, Solidgold Fx Rosie, and Effects Layout Earthbender (EQD Black Ash). The DAM design sounds characteristically sludgey but cleans up surprisingly well by rolling the guitar volume down. They're all great but the Rosie is probably my favorite, just a great overall sound with a very useful external bias.

Vying for most poorly planned build of 2020 is my Tube Bender. A great sounding circuit that I realized was too wide for a 1590b only after making the decal. Some things never change. Not an actual Tonebender but including it here because sound-wise it's sort of related?

cooder

Excellent collection of fuzzyness there!
So what is the differences with the Solidgold Fx Rosie version? Is there a schematic link somewhere? Cheers!
BigNoise Amplification

G.G.

Here's the layout I built from, and I did use BC239s like the stock units. Also wired the Fuzz pot backwards but it works fine  8)
https://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2020/09/solid-gold-fx-rosie.html
Here's a craptastic demo vid for comparison. The Rosie's Bias control's range is more apparent through my headphone amp, not so much with the Bandmaster.