News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Twin Peaks

Started by flanagan0718, May 16, 2017, 02:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Got a message from someone wanting one of these and because I'm a PCB / Parts hoarder I had it all. Including a Purple enclosure that Jon (midwayfair) gave me forever ago. I did ste...borrow the face plate idea I saw here last week. But here is my build.

Hope you guys like it. I didn't have time to do a demo but this thing is awesome. I might need to order another from David at some point. Just a quick note I used the NSL7053 Optos and this is the older sandwich board from the first GB he did. Thanks for looking!

-Mike-

Martan

Looks awesome, Mike! Gotta finish mine sometime, too. Been stalling out about programming the tap tempo chips:)

flanagan0718

Quote from: Martan on May 16, 2017, 02:09:50 PM
Looks awesome, Mike! Gotta finish mine sometime, too. Been stalling out about programming the tap tempo chips:)

Thanks for the kind words. I can burn a couple for you if you need. LMK

gül

Awesome, Mike! I love the tinned faceplate. How funny, I just PM'd you about the Twin Peaks I just finished on vero. This was one of those rare occasions where I thought the vero was much easier to build than the PCBs. I used this layout:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2015/10/twin-peaks-tap-tempo-tremolo.html

Thanks for those switches and the TAPLFO chips! Isn't this trem great?

storyboardist

Nice work, Mike! Really dig the faceplate. What material did you use?
Guy behind Effects Layouts

flanagan0718

Quote from: storyboardist on May 16, 2017, 02:36:41 PM
Nice work, Mike! Really dig the faceplate. What material did you use?

Thanks man. I used the 030 (thickness) / .5 oz (copper weight) of the black FR4 from ABCFAB. Then, simple toner transfer, etched, and then liquid tin. I sprayed it with an acrylic clear coat after to give it a little "shine"

Copper clad link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-pcs-FR-4-030-BLACK-4-x-6-2-oz-Single-sided-Copper-Laminate-Board-PCB-/311655091971?hash=item4890174f03:m:mNxrxiSFMSZ0W9vvqFfp5ZQ

This is 2oz so it would take forever to etch but it's that same thickness and seller.

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

midwayfair

jimilee

That's really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

Bret608

Yeah, this one is a beauty! I like the whole look of it.

Aleph Null

flanagan0718

Thanks for all the kind words guys! You're the best!

Govmnt_Lacky

Top-notch execution as always Mike! Looks great  8)

selfdestroyer

Love the faceplate Mike! UnicornDNA for the win lol, have not seen to many of them in the wild.

Cody