News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arrow

Started by flanagan0718, September 26, 2017, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey Guys,
     As you may or may not know https://www.arrow.com/ does free overnight shipping on orders over $20. I've used them a few times now and DAMN! They are a little more expensive than a couple other retailers but the FREE OVERNIGHT really makes up for it. They also have a 10% off discount running right now. so play your cards right and you and get some stuff cheap and sent overnight. just saying...

-Mike-

ps/ I am not affiliated with them. Just thought you guys might like this.

peAk

Wow, Good to know.

Thanks for the tip!

somnif

The shipping is also free on smaller orders, just not overnight. I got a 68 cent order fed ex'd to me in 3 days, free.

pickdropper

Yep, I've been using them more lately as well.  They recently had a code for $50 off if you spend at least $150.  It also included free overnight shipping, which is amazing.

I don't get how they do free International shipping, though.  Part of a recent order came from the Netherlands.  They shipped it in a box that was probably 7"x9" via FedEx International Overnight.  Contents of the box: 2 DIP ICs worth $7.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

flanagan0718

Quote from: pickdropper on September 26, 2017, 10:38:57 PM
Yep, I've been using them more lately as well.  They recently had a code for $50 off if you spend at least $150.  It also included free overnight shipping, which is amazing.

I don't get how they do free International shipping, though.  Part of a recent order came from the Netherlands.  They shipped it in a box that was probably 7"x9" via FedEx International Overnight.  Contents of the box: 2 DIP ICs worth $7.

Damn that's impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peAk

man, wish we had a sticky or something with all the places people order from. I had never even heard of this place.

pickdropper

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 26, 2017, 10:41:35 PM

Damn that's impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coupon is impressive.  The International Shipping is a non-sustainable business practice.
Function f(x)

EBK

I made my first Arrow order only very recently.  I was thinking, "$1.40 total for my order and FREE shipping? WTF?"  I almost feel ethically bound to eventually place a large order with them.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

BrianS

I was out in front of my house when my Netherlands order of Wima film caps arrived and I talked to the FEDEX guy about how they could provide free shipping.  He said they must do a bulk like shipping contract which benefits both the company and FEDEX.  So apparently this isn't an off the wall business plan.  The only time I use someone else besides Arrow is when they don't have the part I need.  I wished I would of had $150 worth of stuff to buy to use that $50 coupon ☹️. 

pickdropper

Quote from: BrianS on September 27, 2017, 02:41:46 AM

I was out in front of my house when my Netherlands order of Wima film caps arrived and I talked to the FEDEX guy about how they could provide free shipping.  He said they must do a bulk like shipping contract which benefits both the company and FEDEX.  So apparently this isn't an off the wall business plan.  The only time I use someone else besides Arrow is when they don't have the part I need.  I wished I would of had $150 worth of stuff to buy to use that $50 coupon ☹️.

Yeah, clearly they have an arrangement with FedEx, but it's hard to believe it's free. 

$7 worth of opamps
- $1 worth of packaging
- distributor cost of opamps
- shipping cost

has got to be a losing proposition or I am missing something.  My guess is that, overall, it averages out to profitable.  Like the other shipment I got of 400 Lumberg jacks.
Function f(x)

BrianS

Quote from: pickdropper on September 27, 2017, 02:45:35 AM

Yeah, clearly they have an arrangement with FedEx, but it's hard to believe it's free. 

$7 worth of opamps
- $1 worth of packaging
- shipping cost

has got to be a losing proposition or I am missing something.  My guess is that, overall, it averages out to profitable.  Like the other shipment I got of 400 Lumberg jacks.

Were those mini Lumberg jacks?

pickdropper

Quote from: BrianS on September 27, 2017, 03:15:47 AM

$7 worth of opamps
- $1 worth of packaging
- shipping cost

They were Lumberg DC jacks.  I haven't checked for the Lumberg minis.  I have a bunch, but I prefer full size jacks in most cases.
Function f(x)

BrianS

Quote from: pickdropper on September 27, 2017, 03:31:44 AM

$7 worth of opamps
- $1 worth of packaging
- shipping cost

They were Lumberg DC jacks.  I haven't checked for the Lumberg minis.  I have a bunch, but I prefer full size jacks in most cases.

That's a great price when you get over 250.  The plight of the little guy LOL.  I don't believe I will get to 250 pedals in this life time.  My wife would probably punch my card before it was time if I had built 250 pedals.

pickdropper

Quote from: BrianS on September 27, 2017, 03:46:18 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 27, 2017, 03:31:44 AM

$7 worth of opamps
- $1 worth of packaging
- shipping cost

That's a great price when you get over 250.  The plight of the little guy LOL.  I don't believe I will get to 250 pedals in this life time.  My wife would probably punch my card before it was time if I had build 250 pedals.

I bet if you did a group buy, you could get 5 people in at 50 pcs each.
Function f(x)

Willybomb

Free overnight sounds great.  Shame it's another one of those serious supplier sites that I can't seem to find what I want easily on.