News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Technical reason taptation won't work on the Zero Points?

Started by midwayfair, January 24, 2013, 10:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Quote from: neiloler on May 29, 2013, 03:18:41 PM
Did you have any trouble with the digipot being 100k and the ZPDD's delay pot being 50k per the spec? Any weirdness there?

The Taptation handles this part with the doubletime switch.

neiloler

I was jus reading about that in the docs as well, thanks for point that out.

For you guys that have used the Taptatiin before, has it been tough/fickle/sensitive/etc to get in accurate timing of the taps compared with the actual rhythm tapped in on the momentary stomp switch? I know the documentation said it was luckily more noticeable with lots of delay repeats, but I've never heard any complaints about this before.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sdb guitars

Quote from: jkokura on May 29, 2013, 03:41:37 PM
Yes, yes I have had that problem.

Jacob

I experienced this on regular TapTation builds when using "clickless" momentary stomp switches, but when I switched to using the momentary switches that click, it seemed to read the time very accurately.
SDB Guitars - turning exotic woods into sawdust and fireplace scraps since 2001
Luthier, SDB Guitars - http://www.facebook.com/sdbguitars

midwayfair

Quote from: sdb guitars on May 29, 2013, 04:49:13 PM
Quote from: jkokura on May 29, 2013, 03:41:37 PM
Yes, yes I have had that problem.

Jacob

I experienced this on regular TapTation builds when using "clickless" momentary stomp switches, but when I switched to using the momentary switches that click, it seemed to read the time very accurately.

I've noticed this too with my tap tempo tremolos and have considered switching to the clicked momentary. I get why people use them, but I don't play in quiet environments. Also one reason why I resisted the urge to swap out my El Cap for version 2 ... I've come to realize I prefer the tt switch on the El Cap to the one on my trem.

neiloler

So I'm posting back for posterity:

I tried out the TapTation as just a pot replacement for the delay time pot on the ZPSDX, and it worked but I only got varying times of 1/4 note timings. This is cool, but I need my dotted 8th/U2 triplet sounds.

I'm going to try getting another digipot and making a daughter board for the second digipot.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

steveperiod

i for one would definitely be interested in your findings. i had to put my zpsdx / taptation experimentation aside to deal with some other stuff. any news in this area would definitely be welcomed before i dive back in.