News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Monster (Gravity Wave)

Started by selfdestroyer, March 29, 2016, 04:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

My knobs finally came in so I can now post this thing. This is the Madbean Gravity Wave from the Etchers Paradise  Project. It's a great sounding chorus pedal with all kinds of fun wrapped in it. I wanted to use a font that was close to the original Sea Machine and I threw a bunch of tentacles on it and reversed etched it. I painted it with a real deep purple but all pictures come out black. lol trust me, it's purple.

Guts!

Thanks Brian for the fun etchable projects.

Note:
I verified this project but was unaware that the dimension control was not supposed to go into feedback. I could not find a demo at the time that would use the dimension knob over noon. When other said this was not supposed to be this way there were some "back and forth" in the support forums on fixes. I ended up doing the C9 to 30nF & R9 to 10k swaps and everything sounds great. No more feedback when the dimension control is dimmed and it gives a nice slapback sound...Thanks for everyone that helped point this in the right direction and sorry I jumped the gun on the verify. lol

Cody

lincolnic

Killer etch! Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

diablochris6

Looks great. I don't think I have seen knobs like that before.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

29palms

wow! everything about this is great.

stringsthings

Awesome  :)

Where did you get those gold electrolytics?  They look very nice.

Just watched some videos of this pedal and it sounds pretty cool.  I think I'll have to add this to the list of pedals-to-make-in-the-future.
All You Need Is Love

Orbis_Ignis

mrclean77

Man, I love your etches as much as everyone else - I can kiiiiiiiinda catch the purple on a corner of the box in one of the first pics.

This is definitely a circuit that piques my interest. I've been so close to buying this pedal a few times, now I may just make it instead.

Lubdar

(--c^.^)--c

storyboardist

Nice as clean as always, Cody! Love the artwork and reverse etch.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

selfdestroyer

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it.

Quote from: stringsthings on March 29, 2016, 10:17:33 AM
Where did you get those gold electrolytics?  They look very nice.

They are audio grade Nichicon electrolytics. I'm not going to lie, I mainly use them because they look great.. Im shallow like that. But turns out they are great caps also.
Part number for example: FW1C101MDD

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 29, 2016, 05:56:16 AM
Looks great. I don't think I have seen knobs like that before.

They are some Eagle Plastics knobs I get from Mouser. I really like Eagle's line up of knobs.

If anyone is on the fence about building this, do it! Its a great sound chorus. From subtle to wacky in a twist of a knob.

Cody

Drew Hallenbeck

Very nice looking pedal indeed!

What font (and where can I find it) did you use for the name on this one?
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: desmondtencents on March 29, 2016, 05:59:34 PM
Very nice looking pedal indeed!

What font (and where can I find it) did you use for the name on this one?

Font is called "Acadian" and it was from a designer buddy of mine. Its unfortunately not a "free" font.

Cody

flanagan0718

rullywowr

Purple, black, whatever!  You keep killin' it lately with these awesome enclosure etches.  Awesome work on the PCB etches as well.

Gotta keep the neighbors thinking that you are cookin up some blue crystal outside the garage... right :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!