News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MU-MUTRON XXIII and friends

Started by gingataff, May 06, 2013, 04:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingataff

Here is my Nautilus. I wanted to do something like the original Mutron with a twist. Partly inspired by sst4270's "Nauti-tron" artwork.

Lowrider

Double Flush

..and Mudbunny "Big Muff Phi", violet ram's head spec.

ch1naski

That MUTRON is freaking rad.nice work on all of these. Very neat guts and wiring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

ch1naski

What's "fnord" ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Stomptown

Great builds all around man! I especially like the nautilus and the voyager. How did you do that faceplate?

gingataff

Thanks guys.
The faceplates are a transparent film sticker with a laminate top coat, designed for outdoor use I think, it makes it water resistant and cuts UV. I stuck them on thin sheets of white vinyl. The only problems are that the black ink seems to bleed slightly and the laminate sheet has a slightly milkiness to it that's noticeable on the black. I'm still searching for the perfect sticker.

Quote from: ch1naski on May 06, 2013, 05:05:56 AM
What's "fnord" ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fnord

8)

Bret608

These are all really cool. I especially like the color scheme on the Lowrider. I haven't boxed mine yet but was thinking of something in the pink or purple neighborhood with these kind of knobs. I've wondered if it was possible to find a hammertone like this. Did you spray that yourself, or did you get it from a supplier there in Japan like some of your other boxes?

rullywowr

Nice builds!  Totally digging the Mutron, love the graphics man.   8)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gingataff

Quote from: Bret608 on May 06, 2013, 01:48:48 PM
These are all really cool. I especially like the color scheme on the Lowrider. I haven't boxed mine yet but was thinking of something in the pink or purple neighborhood with these kind of knobs. I've wondered if it was possible to find a hammertone like this. Did you spray that yourself, or did you get it from a supplier there in Japan like some of your other boxes?

Yeah that one was from the same supplier as my blue hammertone retrograde.
It's a great colour, even funkier in real life. Unfortunately they are running out of stock of a lot of their enclosures and putting up 'discontinued' notices  :'(

The red wrinkle case I bought in a shop, it looks cool but scratches off a bit too easily.

The seafoam green Mudbunny is from Mammoth, nice colour. The drill pattern was very tricky to work with though everything is bunched up together. If I order from them again I'll order undrilled.

Haberdasher

those all look great!  particularly like the mutron!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bret608

I hear you on the Mammoth drilling--I used one of theirs on my very first build, and the DC jack placement prevented me from using board-mounted pots. It bugged me so much I've thought about reboxing it on occasion, but I've held off since their curry color just seemed to go with the Pepper Spray so well.

das234

Really nice.  I think I'll use the pictures for inspiration when I'm wiring mine up. 

Keep that fnord turned down.

Parra

nice finishes, the mutron looks really good but the double flush would get my vote.

mshuptar

I'm digging the look of the Nautilus!

rullywowr

Very nice!  Not to hijack the thread but I am wondering where you sourced those toggle switches that have the colored bat handles?  Those look tight.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gingataff

thanks again!
the switches are the standard red ones from mammoth and the colored rubber caps are from small bear, they just push on.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2