Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My latest stuff.

Started by nicofx, April 04, 2014, 08:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Quote from: nicofx on April 04, 2014, 08:58:27 PM
They are all etched and powder coated.

Clone of the Boss HM2 on Jeremys (the3secondrule) board.

Cool! Glad to see another build of this one - I really need to do a 125B layout for the HM2 next

Really nice work!
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

nicofx

Thank you all  :D

Quote from: rosettastoned on April 12, 2014, 02:53:38 AM
Quote from: nicofx on April 05, 2014, 08:52:52 AM
Thank you!!  :D

Quote from: hoodoo on April 05, 2014, 01:57:40 AM
They all look fantastic mate, i'd be curious to know how you did the 2 tone powdercoating. Are they etched first, then powdercoated twice with the different colours, or are they powdercoated, laser etched then the colour filled in, however you do it, they look great  :)
Yeah, they are acid etched first. For the Rocket Reverb there's first a coat of green, then the top is sanded, and then I finish of with a coat of candy gold.

great work, but I'm  curios with the grafics, letters, to be specific, woh can you make  those 2 different colours in an small area like  knobs leters.

Well you get that with the candy colors, they are transparent. When you finish off a regular etch with a candy color you will get the two tones. In this case (Rocket reverb) the green stays green under the candy gold, but the areas of raw aluminum becomes golden yellow.

QuoteCool! Glad to see another build of this one - I really need to do a 125B layout for the HM2 next

Really nice work!
Jeremy, thanks for the great layout.. I was making a layout of my own but I messed up somewhere so when I did see your verified board
I thought i'd give it a try. Good stuff :-).
I don't suppose you can share your eagle schematic so I can see where I'd go wrong? I would be really thankfull!