News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall - Little difference Btn Chorus vs Vibrato Mode

Started by dlblumberg, March 04, 2020, 10:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlblumberg

Hi there,

Do most people hear a significant difference between the two modulation modes - chorus and vibrato?  With mine, for some reason, any difference is virtually undetectable.  Is that normal?

Thanks,

David

thomasha

I can definetely hear some difference in the 9v version I built.
It also changes the speed a little bit if I'm not mistaken.

I can't remember which one of the settings, but there is one where it gets much nastier at higher speeds (rubber band like), whereas the other is ok. It depends at which setting the modulation is set. I like to use it full on when using the max. delay time.

Scruffie

Quote from: thomasha on March 04, 2020, 11:13:03 PM
It also changes the speed a little bit if I'm not mistaken.
That's all it does :)

So if you're not hearing a change in modulation speed with the mod knob up, something's not right.
Works at Lectric-FX

dlblumberg

So if you're not hearing a change in modulation speed with the mod knob up, something's not right.

Yes, but should one hear a conspicuous change of speed?

Thank you,

David

Scruffie

Well, I'd say so, it's 1Hz vs. 4Hz but I suppose it's not a massive change, it is subtle but definitely a useful change of speeds depending on how your delay is set.

Tricky question to answer as it's subjective but there should be a noticeable difference... if you set things to a more modulation based setting rather than delay (Delay CCW, Blend 50%, Feedback CCW, Mod CW) is it more obvious?
Works at Lectric-FX

dlblumberg

Hi Scruffie,

Yeah, actually I do notice it now.  Not a super audible change, but when I do focus strictly on the speed, I can hear the change.  I think I had just been looking for the wrong thing before - like, say, a wider modulation as opposed to the faster modulation.

Thanks,

David