News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Russian High Gain Buzzfall PCB... reward!

Started by Bored, March 23, 2011, 12:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bored

haha A little bribery there!  ;D

I really like the concept of this PCB- the ability to build several different high gainers with 1 PCB is an awesome idea. So, if someone can design a Madbean-esque layout and build doc I would be more than happy to drop some cash (virtual PayPal cash that is) Just name your price and we'll negotiate from there...
I get such a kick out of this hobby, but haven't made the leap to learning enough to make a layout from a schem- so a PCB that can be used for several different units is well worth some cash for me. Not to mention the selection of high gain DIY stuff is pretty thin. The Dr.B is fun, as is the Distortus Maximus... but I want a few more options. 
Anyway- here is the Google Translated URL: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guitarjfet.ru%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D30%26Itemid%3D34&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Untranslated- http://www.guitarjfet.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=34

I'm dead serious... Bean, or anyone else here that does layouts- name your price and we'll make something happen. I'm itching for some new metal grind.

Bored

jkokura

I can take a look at this when I'm back home. Probably Thursday I should have something, maybe Friday. PM me if you'd like.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

I can only see the pictures on the version with russian text... :-\
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Bored

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 23, 2011, 03:13:44 AM
I can only see the pictures on the version with russian text... :-\
Yeah I dont know what thats about... maybe a different translation service can fix that problem.

There is actually a layout already created for this board, but its designed for Russian transistors with 4 leads- with luck someone here can can do the conversions to standard J201's and the like.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: Bored on March 23, 2011, 10:50:52 AM
There is actually a layout already created for this board, but its designed for Russian transistors with 4 leads- with luck someone here can can do the conversions to standard J201's and the like.

WOAH!! Yea the only stuff i could make out was 2n7000 transistors. I'm sure someone can do a layout and if not here take it to freestompboxes and give it a go.

Bored

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 23, 2011, 03:18:07 PM
Quote from: Bored on March 23, 2011, 10:50:52 AM

WOAH!! Yea the only stuff i could make out was 2n7000 transistors. I'm sure someone can do a layout and if not here take it to freestompboxes and give it a go.

Yeah the problem with FSB is that so many of those guys are strip board fans, ya know? Dimebugg does do some nice PCB stuff. But if you want something with aesthetic value- Madbean is the only way to go!

bigmufffuzzwizz

I really like working with veroboard personally. I have still yet to work with perf. Is there a reason you don't like it?

Bored

Just looks messy, and they're often much larger than a well planned out PCB is.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thats true especially with the complicated projects. On the other hand, the vero LPB-1 and Muff Fuzz circuits are so tiny its incredible.

Bored

So with that in mind, what do you think this circuit would look like on a piece of strip board?  ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: Bored on March 23, 2011, 07:49:46 PM
So with that in mind, what do you think this circuit would look like on a piece of strip board?  ;)

Thats something i would like to learn how to do. My guess is with yours that a PCB layout would be the most practical now that i take a look at that schematic. I'm curious how this sounds. I saw it mentioned soldano amps as a reference.

Bored

I just wanted to give anyone watching this thread a quick update-

jkokura has designed a layout for a board. I etched and populated it but I'm getting less than desired results. Overwhelming bottom end- gated and choppy sustain.

From here we're going to grab some measurements, tweak some values leading to the trannies and keep going from there.

We're close- and all credit goes to jkokura