Total Recall build

Started by LaceSensor, April 07, 2016, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v00d00blues79

Nicely done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daleykd

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 08, 2016, 02:48:20 AM
Did you find it necessary to use a tall box or do you think if you "summon everything holy" you could squeeze it in a regular height box? I may get the calipers out and play with some measurements.
I don't know, man.  Even if you used Lumbergs and the low-profile DC, I just don't see this fitting in a regular height.

LaceSensor

The top edges of the PCB where the jacks would potentially foul arent paricularly component dense.

with careful consideration, and/or use of 9mm alpha pots, one could feasible mount a number of components on the underside of the PCB and then its completely doable in my opinion. without moving components, youd need to measure really well, and perhaps have to dremel the enclosure lid a bit.

daleykd

Quote from: LaceSensor on April 08, 2016, 03:04:44 PM
The top edges of the PCB where the jacks would potentially foul arent paricularly component dense.

with careful consideration, and/or use of 9mm alpha pots, one could feasible mount a number of components on the underside of the PCB and then its completely doable in my opinion. without moving components, youd need to measure really well, and perhaps have to dremel the enclosure lid a bit.
Ah, didn't think about putting components on the underside.  Good thought!

LaceSensor

Here is an example of how it can work. The most consideration given would be the placement of the toggle switch, but its not impossible. You'd just have the power jack low profile and offset to the side.
This is an aqua puss build, note the pcb size is pretty identical and the upper limit where the jacks would be is similar too.

keen eyed will see that I had to dremel the lid around the jacks