News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sound Skulptor DI503J tube/fet/passive DI and reamp 500 series module

Started by harryklippton, September 05, 2022, 06:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

This is the most excited I've been about any build since my amp earlier this year. It's a 500 series module from Sound Skulptor for DI and reamping. I had been wanting something for reamping so I could use pedals as outboard gear with my DAW. I had been drooling over the sound skulptor cp4500 ever since I saw @leevibe's thread about his build. I happened to notice the DI503J while browsing the sound skulptor site the other day and pretty much instantly bought it. It arrived Thursday, and I finished assembling it last night and then tested it today. This was really fun to build and I had no issues.

Thewintersoldier

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

in8241

WOW! More GAS.....

Trying to make us look bad? J/K

That is sweeeeet! I have to look into those....

zombie_rock123

I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

harryklippton

Thanks everybody. Nothing more complicated here than the average pedal build and no offboard wiring! It's pretty fun to assemble this stuff

jwin615

Usd<euro right now too. Good time to get European wares.
Just got a capman ltd release baritone shipped from London for less than I could buy the std release stateside.

harryklippton

Quote from: jwin615 on September 07, 2022, 12:07:20 AM
Usd<euro right now too. Good time to get European wares.
Just got a capman ltd release baritone shipped from London for less than I could buy the std release stateside.

That was a huge motivation for me the day I purchased too

blackhatboojum

This dumbass Neanderthal, has no idea what that thing is or does but, it's a badass build none the less 🤘.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Bio77

alanp

Whoa. Superslick.

Tempted to get into 500 series myself, but it's a bit too spendy for me. (Eurorack is kinda punk, in that you can cheap out as much as you like.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

Quote from: blackhatboojum on September 07, 2022, 04:51:00 PM
This dumbass Neanderthal, has no idea what that thing is or does but, it's a badass build none the less 🤘.

That's kind of how I looked at it.  I thought it looked cool and tubes and transformers always means sonic goodness but although I understand the concept of reamping my little pea brain has yet to wrap around the process...  Definitely badass though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?