News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One Questions

Started by Codeman1407, November 06, 2014, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codeman1407

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just finished my Harbinger One build yesterday. It's working after a bit of debugging, but i had a couple of questions:

Does anyone else's Lamp completely shut off in the lower range of the speed pot, around 10:00? It goes out and stays there until the speed is turned back up. Seems to do the same no matter the speed, when the intensity is below 12:00 or 1:00, even with the gain trimmer all the way up.

I'm using a 9v 1 spot, no filter board, 220uf cap for C22. I've used 4k7 on R46, and an MPSA13 as Q13, (both socketed) which I'm thinking may be the issue. I used these to get the max depth out of the circuit, but would definitely trade them out for good slower speed vibing (looking for the Gilmour sound). Just wanted some opinions from guys that have built it. Thanks for the help!!

Codeman1407

Well guys, i think I've fixed my issue. I tried a bunch of different transistors for q13, and ended up using a BC108c. It now works on lower speeds, but was very "thumpy", so i then tried different resistor values in R46, and settled on a 10k. May go just a little higher there, as it's just a tad too pronounced for the good Gilmour "Breathe" type vibe sounds. Still sounds great for some Hendrix stuff though!