News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NCBGD

Started by jimilee, April 07, 2019, 01:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

New Cigar Box Guitar Day

So, check this out. I went to Nashville last weekend for my anniversary, cause that's what I like to do. I had a look at local guitar shops, just looking for things I couldn't live without. Came across a place called Superior Music, so I had a look around. Came across some of these, said they make them right there. I figured it's a good wall piece with good memories attached.
  Sounds as good as a cigar box can, but it is crunchy. They had some better looking ones, but the price on this one ended up being 175.00 and my talked me into buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

My wife is in Nashville right now while I am home with a terrible cold and taking care of two small children.  Maybe I should suggest she go to that store for a thank-you/get-well-soon gift for me.    :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on April 07, 2019, 11:41:21 AM
My wife is in Nashville right now while I am home with a terrible cold and taking care of two small children.  Maybe I should suggest she go to that store for a thank-you/get-well-soon gift for me.    :P
Ooohhh yeah! Nashville is my favorite place to get away. We go many times every year.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

Nice score!  Always wondered what these would be like to play... never seen one up close

EBK

By the way, my wife DID bring me back a guitar from Nashville:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on April 11, 2019, 02:25:54 PM
By the way, my wife DID bring me back a guitar from Nashville:

Oh, sweet!