News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Do you gig with your pedals you build r are they just for your bedroom?

Started by jimilee, December 20, 2012, 04:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you gig with the pedals you build?

Yes
24 (92.3%)
No
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: December 27, 2012, 04:57:38 AM

jimilee

Ths came about earlier,and now I'm just curious,as are you I'm betting.do you gig with the pedals you build? I have been using mine during rehearsals and the intent is to gig them after the first of the year.what say you?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

I use mine at church :)

Kingslayer, La Vache, Multiplex, Collosalus (plus a Korg tuner and Ibanez phaser, which I'm going to take off once the Collosalus has a SCPA chip.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

timbo_93631

I use mine at church too, but I have sold many a pedal that are now gigging regularly with other players other places.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Mike @ Rawkworks

Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

sgmezei

Only thing on my board I haven't built is the Boss TU3 tuner. That is until I get a strymon delay...

juansolo

I don't gig, but people who've got my pedals who do certainly gig them.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

I would hazard a guess that all the pedals built here have a lot more care, attention and love put into them than any mass produced stuff (I'm excluding the quality boutique stuff of course).

As long as your carefull when putting everything together there is no reason not to gig them.

the3secondrule

I'm gigging with my pedals - as are the rest of my band (drummer excluded of course).

on my bass board I have a sunking, 2-in-1 with wolfshirt/mudbunny, and GGG DOD 250.

on my guitar board, the DIY's are JMK standard fuzz, Neutrino, Cherrybomb. sometimes I get my weener out at gigs as well  8)

hoping to add a chorus/vibe/phaser, aquaboy deluxe, and a trem to the guitar board...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

DutchMF

Weekly rehearsals and a gig about once every 2 months, and they hold up fine! Only mishap so far is the LED bezel on my Porkbarrel, on which the little nut on the inside of the enclosure worked itself loose..

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

gtr2

Yes, use them out twice a week.  Never had to fix one of mine, but I know how.  :D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

+1 for the church gig so mine get played every week for rehearsal and two services.  Cosmopolitan, Current Lover, Afterlife (very fitting name, I figure), Smoothie, Karate Shop, Lavache. Commercial ones are Line6 MM4 (will likely get replaced with a tremolo), NovaDelay, and Korg tuner.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

DutchMF

Guys, whats with all the guitar playing in church? Don't want to offend anyone, so I'll explain where this question is coming from: I was raised in a very strict christian family, and went to church a lot until I was about 18, but never saw a band with an electric guitar there! If that would have been the case, I might have stuck around a bit longer... I think you are doing a good job keeping the young kids interested in the whole church as a community thing. Is that a regular thing in the US, modern music in churches?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jkokura

The North American Evangelical Protestant Church is probably very different than you experience Paul. It's very common, if not typical, to have very dynamic, full featured bands as a part of the Sunday Morning Service. Some churches hold multiple services, so an electric guitarist could see 3-4 'gigs' on a weekend at church.

Even here in Canada, it's very typical. I will often lead from an electric guitar, and if I'm fortunate, I'll sometimes get to play 'lead' guitar.

P&W style has become a very predominant type of electric guitar genre.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals