News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Headtrip 2- No effect except with Tails is engaged

Started by bakewelder, January 03, 2024, 02:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakewelder

Head scratching here....I have ONLY clean signal at output when effect is engaged (tails off), but then have the desired effect when tails is engaged (minus clean signal). I have wet and clean pots all the way up. So, i only get a wet signal when tails is on.

I can only probe audio on FV-1 pins 1 & 2 & 28 when the tails is engaged...otherwise nothing.

Am i missing something here? Thanks in advance!

madbean

Yes, that's correct. Tails on means signal is passing through the FV-1 and to the output. Tails off is when signal passes from the output of the FV-1 but the signal is removed from its input.

IOW, when you are using something like a delay, you turn tails off to have the delay repeats die off naturally rather than abruptly. The effect itself is still active, but it is no longer sending signal to the FV1 input for signal processing. Other patches on the Headtrip won't really have a use for tails - it's mainly for delay or reverb.

bakewelder

well color me stupid! DOH! I misread the tails functionality therefore was expecting a different result. Appreciate the prompt reply. Thanks much Madbean!

PS- sick effect!