Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A few more etched pedals

Started by Guitarmageddon, January 01, 2013, 03:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Non-bean stuff...

Medusa Fuzz
A PNP Ge Fuzz ,(has a voltage inverter on the back of the board) Second stomp activates a clean blend mixed in with the middle knob.
Has a tri-color led. Red for on, which changes to blue with the blend activated. I used a dual gang pot for the blend, as the knob is turned the led changes from blue to green at fully cw.

Maestro Filter, Sample & Hold.

Looking forward to Brian's take on this effect- it took me four builds to get one to work. Great fun to play though!

Distortion +

Added a switch for some asymetric clipping options.

BYOC Phaser Royal

Ninja has light-up eyes.  ;D

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jeffaroo

awesome ! ! !
shoot me a link on how to etch like that
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

Guitarmageddon

Well...it does take practice, but it's basically the same as etching boards.
There are a few methods and tutorials floating around in the interwebz. I found these two very helpful:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album24/?g2_page=1
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17263&p=129322&hilit=etching+tutorial#p129322
I use laser toner as an acid resist, transfer it off inkjet paper with a hot iron, and use homemade acid made from hydrochloric acid and hydrogen peroxide.

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jeffaroo

sweet..... i will have to give it a try

wolfingsworth

Man those looks sweet! My favorite is the Dist.+ how did you get that effect? It seems like the image is raised against the background...

Guitarmageddon

Thanks!
The Dist + is a reverse etch, everything black has been etched down, leaving the silver image raised.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Stomptown

Quote from: jeffaroo on January 01, 2013, 06:36:24 AM
sweet..... i will have to give it a try

The Aaron Nelson tutorial is awesome! It's not really that hard. Just don't cut any corners on the sanding or really anything for that matter. All of his advice is spot on...

And wow!  :o Sweet builds Guitarmageddon! I especially love that distortion + in the 1590A.

spaceboss

Some great ideas build into that fuzz (and beautiful etches as always).

studiodunn

Those are awesome! My next boxes MUST be etched.

slimtriggers

wolfingsworth

That's a really good idea with the blend pot on the medusa. I don't know why, but I still giggle with amazement when I see 1 LED give 2 different colors  ;D

Chinchen

Dude sweet. The Tux eyeball is so rad.
I am thinking of trying electro-etching....

gtangas

brutal!!!

nice builds!! loved the eteching work!!

nzCdog

Those etches look so awesome!  Gonna have to try that one day :o

jeffaroo

i have a 1/2 gallon of muratic acid in the back yard ive been kicking around for years.(didnt know how to throw it away) I might have a porpose fore it after all !   :D