News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus Questions

Started by Guitar Master, January 01, 2013, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitar Master

Just a few questions about the nautilus:

1. Why is the volume a trimpot instead of a regular pot? Any specific reason?

2. Is this ( http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=46 ) the mode switch I should use? and what knobs can you use on it?

Thanks

LaceSensor

because on envelope filters I guess normally its a set and forget for the output of the effect. you can easily make it a panel mounted control.

that switch should work fine yes but you might find the version with the eyelet holes on the lugs easier to solder, rather than the little pcb mount pins.

Guitar Master

What kind of knob should I use for the switch though?

jimilee

Really any knob you want. Most folks like chicken head knobs for this type of pot.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Quote from: Guitar Master on January 03, 2013, 02:25:51 AM
What kind of knob should I use for the switch though?

I agree with Jimilee! Just keep in mind that you may need to sand down the top of the shaft of the switch (it's plastic) since it is a bit longer than the shaft on a typical potentiometer. I had to do this on one build so it didn't look hokey. On another occasion I got lucky and didn't have to. It depends what knob you use really...  ???

Guitar Master

Sweet! Thanks guys, I'm so excited for the nautilus!

giappui

hi i'm new....i've done this effect, but it doesn't envelope!!! and when i switch the 3p4t in second position the effect became silent and in the third position it has a very low volume!!! But in the first position the only problem is wich the filter doesn't envelop....HELP ME!!

thanks all e sorry for my english