News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sticky 3DPT switch - contact cleaner the solution?

Started by Beedoola, July 02, 2013, 10:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

One of the 3DPT switches I got from Tayda is sticking when depressed. Sometimes it will come up (slowly) or stay stuck down. Anyone else ever experience this? Will Dexoit sprayed down the shaft of the switch solve the issue? And will it potentially cause any issues internally in the switch?

pickdropper

I've seen this on some of their DPDT switches, but it was a mechanical problem with the switch, not contamination.  Not sure if the 3PDT has the same problem or something different.  Try rotating the switch shaft and see if it doesn't catch in a different position.

I've stopped buying most of Tayda's switches.  The quality just isn't as good.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Happened to me also. I figured it was just because I overheated it and the grease inside melted. I've seen videos of how to take them apart,but I haven't done it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Beedoola

ahhh. Its hard not to buy their stomp switches as they're cheaper than other sources but I guess you do get what you pay for, at least with the switches. I took some Dexoit Gold to the switch - rotating the shaft as you suggested pickdropper, that seems to have fixed it. Hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks.

BraindeadAudio

gold lug switches from 4site are the best deal going. especially if you buy a bunch. Ultra reliable.