Anyone tried this wire stripper?

Started by das234, May 28, 2013, 02:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: BraindeadAudio on May 29, 2013, 05:29:25 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on May 29, 2013, 01:08:46 PM
Quote from: BraindeadAudio on May 29, 2013, 07:15:34 AM
Im stripping almost 5000 pieces of wire a week.....you get used to it haha

Man, if I stripped that much wire, I'd buy prestripped wire to specific lengths.  It costs more, but would save a ton of time.

Assuming, of course that these are repetitive builds and not one-offs.

Ya its commercial biuld. My grip on my right hand can break bones from using this thing so much haha

Yeah, I bet.  That's a lot of repetitive stress.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BraindeadAudio

Im redesigning my layouts for PCB mounted pots soon. cut down on production time by 60%

Beedoola

jubal81

I've been using these for a couple weeks and they are really, really nice. Takes a bit of practice to get good with them, but I highly recommend.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

das234

good to know.  thanks for the review

gtr2

I got a pair as well.  The downside is they don't work well my teflon coated wire.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Beedoola

Quote from: jubal81 on June 19, 2013, 07:50:16 PM
I've been using these for a couple weeks and they are really, really nice. Takes a bit of practice to get good with them, but I highly recommend.

Is the action of yours a little stiff? I'm kind of frustrated with mine, and I'm not sure if its just me or the device itself - its not very smooth.

I keep getting half cut inner wire cores, or very long strings when I only wanted a short strip...

billstein

I'm having the same problem. Maybe it's just a matter of practice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jubal81

Quote from: billstein on July 01, 2013, 05:25:42 PM
I'm having the same problem. Maybe it's just a matter of practice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

You get a feel for it after a bit. The trick I found is speed. Line it up straight and click hard and fast.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pedalman

looks like the stripper end will bite the hell out of your palm while cutting wire.
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

BuGG

Might have to give these a shot, I'm using a box cutter right now.

Nah, not all messy like you probably imagined...   I roll the wire around one time on the blade with a little pressure then the insulation slides right off.     

Once you get the feel for it you can strip any gauge wire pretty quickly.