News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phase 90 mods

Started by kinski, March 23, 2015, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinski

I dug Pickdroppers 1590a Phase 90 out of the "drawer of fail" to see if I could finally get it to work properly and I'm happy to report that it was a success! Not sure what I did but I suspect it was a bad part somewhere. I Changed a few components out for new ones and replaced the switch and pot. It came to life after that. Sounds beautiful now.

I've got two questions about some mods.

I'd like to add:

1. A mix pot to go from 100% Dry to 100% Wet (vibrato).
2. A depth pot to control the amount of pitch bend.

Anyone know how to do it on this board?

miha

kinski

Thanks!

I got the mods working but I dont really like them. I'm just gonna stick to a complete stock phase 90.

kinski

Okay, I just did the Univibe mod. It replaces C3, C4, C5, C6 with different values. I used a 4PDT switch to toggle between stock Phase 90 and Univibe. Both settings sounds great!

MADWAGNER

I was wondering if there is a way to kill the dry signal, like the Stage Fright, vibrato mod?

kinski

Quote from: MADWAGNER on April 07, 2015, 07:19:01 AM
I was wondering if there is a way to kill the dry signal, like the Stage Fright, vibrato mod?

Disconnect a 150K resistor going from the first opamp stage to output transistor.
I did this and did not find the vibrato to be very musical so I ditched the mod all together.

MADWAGNER

Awesome! Thanks! I'll give it a quick try!

MADWAGNER

I finish my Nom Nom and it sounds sweet. I was attempting to put a mix pot on mine. I turned r28 into a 1meg pot. It kind of effects the color or the feedback when turned and reacts depending on where the speed knob is at. I think it sounds pretty cool. I was wondering if any one might know how r28 affects the rest of the circuit?
Thanks for any help