News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tiny 2P4T rotaries found!

Started by midwayfair, December 26, 2013, 08:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Dave Rolo used these in his Twin Peaks (his tap tempo harmonic tremolo), and I finally got around to ordering some. The picture doesn't communicate how small they are. They're about the size of a normal 16mm pot!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pc-Rotary-Band-Switches-DC-60V-0-3A-100-500-ohm-2P4T-10-Pins-2-Pole-4-Position-/300881322642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460deca292

I have plans for these. Mwa ha ha.

madbean

Thank you! I just bought a set to give em a good beaning.

midwayfair

Quote from: madbean on December 26, 2013, 08:51:12 PM

I'd've given you a bunch, no way can I use 25 rotaries.

jkokura

Keep me posted on those Jon. I'll look at ordering some as well. The real question I have is if it works in conjunction with the 16mm Right Angle PCB mount pots with no problems.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Quote from: midwayfair on December 26, 2013, 09:51:03 PM
Quote from: madbean on December 26, 2013, 08:51:12 PM

I'd've given you a bunch, no way can I use 25 rotaries.

Thanks. I'll actually pass some of mine off to pickdopper and culturejam most likely, so no worries.

pickdropper

I am curious about these, too.  I wish they were smooth shaft, but that's what a lathe is for.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

madbean

Quote from: jubal81 on December 26, 2013, 11:24:43 PM
Must. Have. Eagle. Footprint.  :o

Not to worry, I will make one once I have them on-hand.

alanp

Now we've found the switches for PD's 1590A Big Cheese :)

(Or is that his 1590A Lovetone Flange? The scary part is that I would not bet against him being able to do that...)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

snz728

midwayfair

Quote from: snz728 on December 27, 2013, 02:18:30 AM
How rugged are they?

They seem fine. They don't have any wiggle or give in the rotary action, and they click pretty softly so I wouldn't see them getting abused too much.

Jacob: Would it help if I took a picture with a knob and next to a pot? They're taller (with the pins) than a pot, but they look about the same height as a 16mm board-mounted pot when it's offset slightly (which, I think, you have to do when there's any sort of switch, right?)

kothoma

midwayfair

I came up with a great use for these -- as the division switch on a taptation! It can do four of the five settings with the right wiring (I drop the dotted 16ths). I'll have a build posted in the next few weeks using it. :)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: midwayfair on January 09, 2014, 01:27:59 AM
I came up with a great use for these -- as the division switch on a taptation! It can do four of the five settings with the right wiring (I drop the dotted 16ths). I'll have a build posted in the next few weeks using it. :)

Looking forward to seeing that Jon. Sounds very usable.

jubal81

Anyone have an extra one of these around I could play with?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair