News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What photo hosting site are we happy with?

Started by Philthy, August 07, 2017, 01:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philthy

kgull

Imgur is what I've been using lately. They even have pre-formatted BBCode for posting images.

somnif

I second imgur. Dead simple interface and quite friendly. I wouldn't use it to host a commercial sites media assets, but for forum use its pretty much perfect (it was designed to be Reddit's default image host after all).

alanp

Decided to buy my own domain, like juan.

Too lazy to write html for it, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Philthy

davent

How is Imgur for creating albums and organizing your photos making them easy to find a certain image?

Can you create multiple tags for an image, something photobucket allowed you to do at one time?

I uploaded all the photos that were on this computer to Goggle Photos, automatically adds the new ones i add to the computer, mirrors my computer organization of photos so i can pretty easily find a picture. Requires jumping through a few hoops to get the image link and then you have paste in the image tags, and i haven't attempted doing that yet.

Still have thousands of photos on harddrives that i haven't uploaded to Goggle Photos.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

movinginslomo

Imgur is treated more "disposable" in a way. They don't delete your pictures but don't add much in the way of long term storage and organizational tools. It really is just an easy way to get your photos hosted for reddit or a messageboard as the creator wanted JUST that and no frills

davent

Thanks Chris that's what i need to know. Had thousands of pictures with photobucket and ability to organize was paramount and became extremely frustrating as time went on.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

flanagan0718

I have a blog at blogger.com. I actually have 2 blogs. one is titled "ignore". I used it just to host random pictures. The "Ignore" blog is set to private so no one can "visit" it but it allows me to host the pictures on a less "sketchy" site. plus it's free.

Aleph Null

I use Flickr. They offer plenty of space even to free accounts. You can generate BBCodes pretty easily, create albums, tag photos, etc. It's also possible to control photo access pretty easily (private photos can still be shared with direct links).

They will make you create a Yahoo account, but that's also pretty easy to lock down and ignore.

lars

Remember when your ISP used to give you a certain amount of server storage for free, to put whatever files you wanted on there? That was the best hosting. You can thank computer crackers and Microsoft's horrible security for ruining that option.