News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bargain hunting and nice scores ?!

Started by LaceSensor, January 19, 2012, 10:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Some other sweet scores I landed:

A Marshall shredmaster, in exchange for my modded crybaby...

And a HBE germania I was given, because the owner used the wrong power supply. Replaced the electro caps, and diodes, and it's good as new  ;D
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

enjoyadrian

i got a music man 65w amp off craigslist for $120. The only problem was the grill cloth was torn. I think i got a good deal.

pedalman

i reprogramed a guys sprinklers once for pink floyd tickets
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

rlopes

My best score was probably a MIJ Silver Screw "long dash" Boss DS-1 that cost me 20€. I then traded it for a Wren and Cuff "The Caprid" with the builder that makes these wonderfull pedals (a very nice guy buy the way).

pk1802

I once bought 5 BBE Green Screamers at a GC clearance for $10 each and sold them on ebay for $50 each. Easy $200.

The most complicated deal I've ever done is bought a Dr. Distorto Mono Line 6 Tonecore pedal that wouldn't work with a battery for $10 (I use a PS all the time anyway.)

I then bought 2 Verbzilla modules from line 6 before they went out of stock for $20 each.

I sold one of the Verbzilla modules on ebay to an international buyer for $70 and the Dr. Distorto module for $30.

I threw my Verbzilla module into my mono dock and modded it for stereo operation.

Now I have a Stereo Verbzilla and $50(give or take for shipping expenses)

marmaliser

Just picked up some 1977 V3  muffage for a whopping £25 !!!!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jolly1423

My wonderful wife once found a crybaby and two old DOD's for $2 at a garage sale. One of them was the DFX9, can't remember what the other was... She was awesome enough to call me and I was like, 'YES!!! Buy it all!". Sold it all on ebay for something like $80.