Main Menu

We need a pedal version of this

Started by pickdropper, April 03, 2013, 09:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

DutchMF

But it will be much to difficult to build.....
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jubal81

I could hand-wire that for more mojo ...
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

April fools never ceases to amaze me every year.. I love it.

Stomptown

stecykmi

i did see a japanese pedal sorta like this that i haven't been able to find again, it was an in and an out jack with a ~3" piece of NOS cloth covered wire connecting the two. i think they were serious about it too o_0

atreidesheir

I heard it is really easy to dial in too much of it.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Stomptown

Quote from: atreidesheir on April 04, 2013, 02:43:36 AM
I heard it is really easy to dial in too much of it.

I hear that if you replace the pot with a Reverse Log it helps a lot.

jimilee

Whenever I don't know what I need, the Transparenator™ fills that slot.

It's the most transparent, clean piece of gear I've ever used. It makes the spaces in between make more sense. It fills the void. It's not only useless, it's gratuitous. A signal so transparent you'll barely know it's there.

With its TrueBypass™ technology it won't interfere with your harmonics.

It doesn't do anything but take up space like a 19 year old boy,and yet I'm compelled to have one, I wonder if I can trade my 19 year old for it?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

I've inadvertently built several of those :D

Thomas_H

Is it very expensive? All 19" units are very expensive. First  you need a cage like structure to enclose lots of air. Then you need to stick in lots of x HE units filling up the empty space. Then you put in more smaller modules to get the last air removed.
Sometimes i think a massive block of aluminium would be a lot cheaper  :-*
DIY-PCBs and projects:

the3secondrule

Quote from: stecykmi on April 03, 2013, 11:52:50 PM
i did see a japanese pedal sorta like this that i haven't been able to find again, it was an in and an out jack with a ~3" piece of NOS cloth covered wire connecting the two. i think they were serious about it too o_0

Here ya go:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/mysterious-effect-pedal-727849/
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

hammerheadmusicman

I think i'm gooing to start a spice clone company, i reckon i could knock them out seriously quick, all we need to do is get the hype going ;)
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

midwayfair

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on April 04, 2013, 08:54:19 AM
I think i'm gooing to start a spice clone company, i reckon i could knock them out seriously quick, all we need to do is get the hype going ;)

This is going to sound ridiculous, but a friend actually had me make a Spice pedal for him. He needed a little pass-through hub to plug the stereo out of his vibe into a second amp, and he didn't want the cable in the middle of the board. He insisted on paying me for "for my time" on it. (I used one of the little LB boxes.) I told him to just pay me for the parts, because if I charged him my hourly rate I would make less!

hammerheadmusicman

ah cool, i just didn't know whether you had bought one! well worth it at that price!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..