News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Thinking of a Strat wiring idea

Started by jkokura, April 14, 2013, 11:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Hey there yous guys.

I'm thinking about doing a pickguard with a strange pickup wiring with strat pickups. I don't like hum, and usually use noiseless pickups. However, I have a set of mexi strat pickpus, and I was thinking of wiring them for three settings with no hum: neck/middle, neck/bridge, middle/bridge. I tend to use neck middle a lot on most of my guitars, and I almost never use bridge alone, so it seems like a cool idea.

Anyway, the point of the question is, does anyone know if this will provide me with hum free status? Anyone know enough about how those 3 way tele switches work to help me to figure out the wiring scheme?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Two of the three will be noise cancelling, bridge neck won't be cause they're not rwrp.

Tele switches work as three independent poles on each side, with the fourth pole being the out.  If you wire the neck to positions 1 and 2 on one side, bridge to poles 1 and 3 on the other side and the middle to position 3 on the neck side and 2 on the bridge side, and jumper the fourth poles together to the output, you should get what you need.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.