News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Voodoo Labs Spakle Drive?

Started by thetrend77, April 06, 2011, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

I'm not in any hurry for this, but I'd thought I'd throw it out there. How about a Sparkle Drive clone? Or some sort of OD with a clean blend like the SD?

madbean

There's one that's already nearly complete. I posted about it a couple weeks ago. It's not the SD, but along the same lines. It's called the "Sparkplug".

thetrend77

Roctopus

Quote from: madbean on April 06, 2011, 03:28:12 PM
There's one that's already nearly complete. I posted about it a couple weeks ago. It's not the SD, but along the same lines. It's called the "Sparkplug".

Any idea when this one will drop? I would love to build a SD type clone :)

jkokura

I have owned a sparkle Drive. I can guarantee you it is just a 808 screamer with a built in clean blend. If you try a bit, you could easily work one out for sure.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

On a different note, the Sparkle Drive is my all time favorite overdrive for bass. I use it mostly for just adding a little dirt and a boost. Love it.

Roctopus

Quote from: jkokura on June 19, 2011, 11:01:59 PM
I have owned a sparkle Drive. I can guarantee you it is just a 808 screamer with a built in clean blend. If you try a bit, you could easily work one out for sure.

Jacob

Thanks Jacob!
Do you happen to know of a resource to figure out how to add a clean/blend knob to an 808 clone like the madbean Neutrino or maybe point me in the right direction? I'm still a novice at building but I would love to give it a shot :)

jkokura

There are some blender type projects that have potential. I've worked a layout for one, but it's not verified. Interested in doing some learning and experimenting? PM me...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals