News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1776 Multiplex Delay build

Started by LaceSensor, November 18, 2012, 01:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Posted this in Josh forum too, but for people who dont browse there...

Hi  folks

Inspired by John Pattens lovely video of the multiplex, I decided to get my ass in gear and dust off the soldering iron. Been in a bit of a slump recently, but this has got me back on track. Everything fired up first time. I decided to use a bigger box, and have the Multiplex first, then a Rub-a-dub (long brick) on the end in series. I have also added a toggle to kill the delay line, allowing for reverb only FX.

Whats nice is that you can also have just the delay by turning the reverb knob counterclockwise.
Totally transparent bypass sounds, such excellent FX.

I only had a bit of time to mess with it, but the Space Echo simulator is my fave. I was only messing on my desk, so havent played with what I have called the "warp" function. I calibrated it to 0.45v however and the switch when depressed lights the LED, so I assume its all working fine.

Here are some pictures of my finished build. Didnt get 100% lucky with the toner transfer, but meh...

Will likely replace these pics with some natural light ones, but was excited to get this posted up.
This is probably the coolest DIY delay I have made because of the multihead repeat modes and I have done the following, which I think says a lot:

Aqua Puss (MN3005)
Aqua Puss with Modulation (MN3005)
Dirtbag x2  (MN3005) - my favorite sound wise, but its "just" a modulated delay
Echobase (PT2399)
Sea Urchin (PT2399)
Neptune (PT2399)

I might make a video tomorrow :)

Micpoc

Spectacular build, LaceSensor. This is what I'm going to be doing with mine, albeit not quite as pretty. Still trying to decide if I'm going to put a footswitch on the reverb or not, but it looks like there's plenty of room if I do. May put the ramp/release pots in as well.

A demo of both effects together would be great!  ;)

wolfingsworth

This looks amazing! Your build only furthers my desire to build this radical project. I'm neck deep in a Dirtbag build at the moment and although I don't 'need' another delay pedal, I can't help but dream (obsess) about building one of these too. Love the orange and your graphics are super classy (as always). Nice work!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

guycapuano

gtr2

Based off of using the multiplex for a few months and others feedback, I think 2M2 is a better value for a stock build for R31.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

Quote from: gtr2 on November 18, 2012, 07:18:57 PM
Based off of using the multiplex for a few months and others feedback, I think 2M2 is a better value for a stock build for R31.

Josh

Lucky I socketed. Does this require calibration afterwards?

gtr2

Nope  :)

I just changed the BOM as well.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Knut Koupee

Great build, and good idea on the switch for reverb only.

What size enclosure did you use?

LaceSensor

Quote from: Knut Koupee on November 20, 2012, 04:19:41 AM
Great build, and good idea on the switch for reverb only.

What size enclosure did you use?

1790ns

nzCdog