News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

No Expression Pedal for Harbinger 1?

Started by peach64, June 01, 2016, 08:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peach64

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbian, I mean nubbie...it's nice to be a member here. I'm going to begin building a few pedals and quite possibly work my way up to the the Harbinger 1, univibe pedal? I've been researching various clones and listening to them as well. I do like the Castledine Supra Vibe very much, so if I don't build a Harbinger 1 I'll probably buy that.

In most of all there vibe clones I've seen and heard , most had an expression pedal input, this schematic does not? Is it possible to add one to this circuit? If so, where would the pedal circuit jump in?

Thank you,

Peach

jball85

Here's some info that might help. For what it's worth if you are new to pedal building and designing, it's probably more trouble than it's worth.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=55721.0

One last thought...

It will cost on average 25% of the cost of a Supra Vibe to build a Harbinger 1, which will most likely sound just as good and take up less space on your pedal board.

alanp

You could experiment with an expression pedal across pin 1 and 1 of the Rate pot, but the dualgang set up makes it somewhat annoying to Expression-ize.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

devilsnight

You guys just gave me an excellent idea! maybe... I have a few wigl boards coming, perhaps i just build one right in a wha enclosure to vary the rate. That could be interesting. Must give this more thought!