News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fill this box!

Started by venom02, May 06, 2016, 08:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

venom02

Hey everyone. I got this 1590B enclosure already drilled from an overdrive a friend never finished. The drilling scheme is non-standard since it's horizontal and it has 3 pots and 2 switches holes already drilled.

He was going to build a Zvex Distortron clone but i don't like how it sounds and I was searching for a similar layout. thanks everyone

here's a pic 

venom02

Quote from: Tremster on May 06, 2016, 08:32:43 AM
http://diy.thcustom.com/shop/rog-umble-v1-4-pcb/
?

the 2nd and 4th hole can take only a 6mm shafted switch. while the 1,3,5 are 7mm holes for pots. i can't fit 5 pots sadly

m-Kresol

you could just dril the switch holes bigger and use 9mm pots to make 5 pots possible. I'd go for a fuzz factory. those are aways fun and very good number of parts/produced effect ratio :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Willybomb

jimilee

Fuzz factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jtaormina

Fill the holes with JB weld. Sand.  Re-drill for something else. Paint or powder coat. Make face place or other label. Boom done.

zombie_rock123

JMK Scuba Mooff with two mod switches.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

venom02

Quote from: jtaormina on May 06, 2016, 10:37:33 PM
Fill the holes with JB weld. Sand.  Re-drill for something else. Paint or powder coat. Make face place or other label. Boom done.

Whoa, didn't know JB weld. I guess I could just fill the switch holes and use it for a more common 3 pot pedal. Thanks

davent

If you want to just hide the holes... hole plugs will leave you the option of later using them for something else. Lots of sizes available.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jtaormina

Quote from: venom02 on May 06, 2016, 11:56:21 PM

Whoa, didn't know JB weld. I guess I could just fill the switch holes and use it for a more common 3 pot pedal. Thanks

Do not get the JB kwik. Get the original kind. It's way stronger and holds up to higher temps. Also bevel the inner and outer edge of the holes with a debur tool or something to give the JB weld extra strength. Works perfect.

matmosphere

The pots and two switches, sounds like a Green Bean to me.

stecykmi

Quote from: jtaormina on May 07, 2016, 12:42:23 PM
Quote from: venom02 on May 06, 2016, 11:56:21 PM

Do not get the JB kwik. Get the original kind. It's way stronger and holds up to higher temps. Also bevel the inner and outer edge of the holes with a debur tool or something to give the JB weld extra strength. Works perfect.

bondo works too, that's a car body filler. you should get the kind that requires mixing a hardening agent, its dry within an hour and ready for sanding.

chordball

Good suggestions but it seems that for the price of JB Weld or Bondo you could just spend a few dollars on a fresh enclosure. You'll have plenty to use in the future if you do buy some but for a single enclosure it doesn't seem worth it. Just my thoughts anyway.  :)