Main Menu

General wiring diagrams

Started by madbean, December 01, 2010, 04:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

That's brilliant! Thanks, Brian!

josetxu

Hi,

Hello everybody (it's my first post). I've got a little question about the jack's sleeve connections. I've seen in the simple diagram (the one with only a 3PDT for a simple effects) the output jack sleeve isn't connected anywhere and in the one with two 3PDT (like the aristocrat) is the input jack sleeve the one not connected. Is there any problem if I connect them to ground in the 3PDT for painted enclosures?

Thanks!

jkokura

It is perfectly fine to connect both the input and output jacks to ground. Usually this is done through the enclosure if you are using a metal enclosure. If your enclosure is painted on the outside, but the inside is unpainted, it will likely still make a ground connection, especially if you drill after painting. The act of drilling often makes for a good connection between the jack and ground.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

The new wiring diagram is great!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

tenwatt

Have you ever considered building a little PCB that we could mount footswitchs on?  I received one with a Mammoth order I made.  I didn't use it (because it wasn't the same layout as what we have here) but I see where it could make things a LOT easier.  The holes in the PCB were big enough that you could insert a NON-PCB mounted switch into the PCB.  Pretty cool.  If you made them I'd buy one for every build.
Not too bright....

madbean

Quote from: tenwatt on April 05, 2011, 12:54:23 PM
Have you ever considered building a little PCB that we could mount footswitchs on?  I received one with a Mammoth order I made.  I didn't use it (because it wasn't the same layout as what we have here) but I see where it could make things a LOT easier.  The holes in the PCB were big enough that you could insert a NON-PCB mounted switch into the PCB.  Pretty cool.  If you made them I'd buy one for every build.

In fact I do have one that's being worked on. I had a couple prototypes made but I had messed up the pins for the DC jack (the DC and IN/OUT jacks mount to the board). I revised it and I have some new prototypes on the way. If it works out and I can make an accurate drilling template for the jacks I will be offering it.

tenwatt

Quote from: madbean on April 05, 2011, 02:58:08 PM
Quote from: tenwatt on April 05, 2011, 12:54:23 PM

In fact I do have one that's being worked on. I had a couple prototypes made but I had messed up the pins for the DC jack (the DC and IN/OUT jacks mount to the board). I revised it and I have some new prototypes on the way. If it works out and I can make an accurate drilling template for the jacks I will be offering it.
Nice.  Let us know when it's avalible.
Not too bright....

maysink

Hey, Brian. The new wiring diagram is great. Maybe link to it from the projects page? Or link to this forum post. Just a thought!
[nothing to see here]
-e

madbean

There's actually a link on the Projects page. It's in the upper right hand margin of the page.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm still eager for the learn section. How close it that coming to being done or at least viewable?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

redbean

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 07, 2011, 02:18:11 PM
I'm still eager for the learn section. How close it that coming to being done or at least viewable?

ditto
es là-bas!!

Gyrofist

Noob question here, what would the orientation of the switch be for the madbean wiring of the 3pdt? Are the poles aligned with the sides with the holes facing vertically or horizontally? i.e.
  ABC
1 l l l
2 l l l
3 l l l

vs
A B C
1- - -
2- - -
3- - -
?
thanks in advance.

Gyrofist

Quote from: Gyrofist on April 23, 2011, 06:52:09 PM
Noob question here, what would the orientation of the switch be for the madbean wiring of the 3pdt? Are the poles aligned with the sides with the holes facing vertically or horizontally? i.e.
  ABC
1 l l l
2 l l l
3 l l l

vs
A B C
1- - -
2- - -
3- - -
?
thanks in advance.
Sorry about that, just found the answer to that question...for some reason my computer was having a hard time with page 2 of this thread. Thanks for the help (almost done my first build! Hopefully it works!)

knd

Hi Brian,

Do you have a wiring diagram for two stuffing two effects in one enclosure using the same 9V source?

How is the output of effect #1 connected to input of effect #2?

Thanks

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: knd on July 18, 2011, 03:33:08 PM
Hi Brian,
Do you have a wiring diagram for two stuffing two effects in one enclosure using the same 9V source?
How is the output of effect #1 connected to input of effect #2?

Instead of output of effect 1 going to the tip of the out jack it goes right into effect 2 in.
http://www.google.com/search?q=PUT+2+FX+IN+ONE+BOX+
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals