News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Super Mutron Bros. - Meat Sphere build

Started by eldanko, September 27, 2013, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Quote from: eldanko on September 28, 2013, 08:32:21 AM
Yessir. It's available on musicpcb.com, although they do appear to be sold out at the moment.
no way of getting the pcb layout for etching?
:P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

slimtriggers

Great build, and a really pro quality demo.  Well done!

pickdropper

Wow, what a fantastic demo video.

Really digging the pedal, too.  Like others have mentioned, it reminds me of my childhood as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

billstein

Quote from: Gledison on September 28, 2013, 12:25:40 PM
Quote from: eldanko on September 28, 2013, 08:32:21 AM
Yessir. It's available on musicpcb.com, although they do appear to be sold out at the moment.
no way of getting the pcb layout for etching?
:P

You can build the Madbean Nautilus which is also based on the Mutron III. The build doc has artwork for etching.

eldanko

Quote from: billstein on September 28, 2013, 05:45:08 PM
You can build the Madbean Nautilus which is also based on the Mutron IIII. The build doc has artwork for etching.

Good call. While there are certainly a few differences between the units, there's more than enough common ground between them that I could cop most of those tones with either pedal. The Nautilus is considerably easier to dial in as well.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

eldanko

Thanks for all of the encouragement and kind words regarding the demo! As I said, I've really been wanting to up my game video-wise so I'm glad to hear I'm on the right track.

billstein

Quote from: eldanko on September 28, 2013, 05:52:38 PM
Thanks for all of the encouragement and kind words regarding the demo! As I said, I've really been wanting to up my game video-wise so I'm glad to hear I'm on the right track.

Let me add my two cents. That video was excellent and I love your playing.

The only problem is it put a new pedal on the list of must builds.

LaceSensor

Quote from: eldanko on September 28, 2013, 05:51:10 PM
Quote from: billstein on September 28, 2013, 05:45:08 PM
You can build the Madbean Nautilus which is also based on the Mutron IIII. The build doc has artwork for etching.

Good call. While there are certainly a few differences between the units, there's more than enough common ground between them that I could cop most of those tones with either pedal. The Nautilus is considerably easier to dial in as well.

I havent tried the Nautilus
but the key to dialing in the Meatball (for healthy starting sound at least):

_ Dime the sensitivity
_ Set attack to minimum
_ Decay 8 o'clock
_ Colour 5 o'clock
_ Intensity 3 o'clock
_ Blend 1pm or to taste
Switches - Full // Up // Low/2nd lowest // Band Pass

That'll get you some good wah sounds.
Adjust sensitivity to taste. never have attack set higher than decay

You can also try the "colour" mod, simply short Lug 2 and 3 of the Colour pot (solder a jumper between them).
Makes it much easier to dial in.

One tiny thing, I think you have HP and LP the wrong way round on your otherwise beautiful graphic.

eldanko

Quote from: LaceSensor on September 28, 2013, 06:58:36 PM
One tiny thing, I think you have HP and LP the wrong way round on your otherwise beautiful graphic.

Ha! I actually used another build I found on another forum as a reference, so I guess I'm not the only one ;)