News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quadrovibe lamp doesn't turn off

Started by Blues Healer, March 19, 2014, 02:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Healer

Howdy,
I built a Quadrovibe ... the bypass works, the LED works, and flashes in time with the speed knob, but the lamp doesn't cycle off, ergo ... no effect :(

anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? from reading the build docs, my next guess would be to take a look at trying different values in R16 & 17.
another thing is that when I first adjusted the trimmers, I had to get the Chop close to all the way up before the lamp fired.
one other thing I should mention is that I used an ON/ OFF/ ON DPDT for the switch... I'm gonna put in an ON/ ON in a couple of days, when I get the part

thanks for your help!
"music heals"

midwayfair

Quote from: Blues Healer on March 19, 2014, 02:18:05 AM
Howdy,
I built a Quadrovibe ... the bypass works, the LED works, and flashes in time with the speed knob, but the lamp doesn't cycle off, ergo ... no effect :(

anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? from reading the build docs, my next guess would be to take a look at trying different values in R16 & 17.
another thing is that when I first adjusted the trimmers, I had to get the Chop close to all the way up before the lamp fired.
one other thing I should mention is that I used an ON/ OFF/ ON DPDT for the switch... I'm gonna put in an ON/ ON in a couple of days, when I get the part

thanks for your help!

The switch is limited to the audio path.

Are you getting varying voltages anywhere in the LFO?

Check R22 -- are you SURE you used a 47 Ohm resistor and not a 47K?

Blues Healer

thanks Jon
R22 - and 20 and 21 next to it -- are correct

I'll do another voltage check.
"music heals"