News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NSSLPD!!!!!!11

Started by Clayford, May 17, 2014, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clayford

While in Gatlinburg we stopped at a place called Music Outlet in Sevierville. We passed by it for the last two years but they were always closed (Sunday) We made a trip out today to hit the Lodgeware store and this place. I was met at the door by 2 labs, a golden named Hank and a chocolate by the name of Tracey. The smell of leather and wood was everywhere. Dulcimers, violins, autoharps, mandolins, and more acoustics as far as the eye could see...  The electric section was about 1/5th of the shop. It was for the most part a Country music shop. I wandered around for a bit, got schooled by a 9yo on the Mandolin(kid had some killer chops), played a rather nice tele that looked interesting with a P90 in the neck and was ready to leave. I asked for the bathroom and was pointed by towards the PA gear. As I went back there I saw a tobacco burst LP on the wall that caught my eye.

I'm freaking stoked. I *do* love me some Les Pauls. I occasionally enjoy wandering into Jimilee's territory. This one had about 7 years of dust on it when I picked it up. It's still brand new. The plastic is on the pickguard. Inspection sticker is on the headstock, and they have all the stuff to register it with epiphone for warrantee.  Yes those are pedal steel guitars in the background. They don't even HAVE the needed strings to restring it. This was a guitar that had no earthly business being there. When my wife found me she asked only two questions,

1) Is that a 7 string Les Paul ?!? (She was as shocked as I was...)
2) Have you paid for it yet, there's some cool leather straps I want you to look at.

The shop guy and I haggled only briefly. This guitar hadn't made him any money since 2000, most likely wasn't going to, and I was willing to put cold hard cash in his hand. I paid, we shook, it's a done deal. They're gonna clean it up, set it up, and have it ready for me when we pass by on our way back next Friday. I'll have better pictures next weekend. I didn't want to take it to a cabin in Asheville, NC then back to Cincinnati a week later, but then I didn't want to leave it either... but common sense prevailed.

New Seven String Les Paul Day!!!
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

muddyfox

Heck man, I don't even know what to do with the six strings I have...  ::)

That's a nice catch for sure! Congrats on a new baby!

gtr2

Never saw one of those!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

alanp

Wow. Not likely you're ever going to see another one in a shop, good stroke of luck there for you :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Very cool find! I've never seen one of those before either.

GrindCustoms

Nice grab! My buddy with who i recorded couple pedal clips (those with skills lulz) have one exactly like that. I'm a long time 7 string guitar player and does, do deliver the goods.

If you really dig into it, you'll probably end up needing to re-pup it, the Low B tends to sound Tuba-ish with the stocks one, but still nice to start of.

Congrats!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Leevibe

Clayford

Thanks all! I'm really stoked about it, I'm also really bummed it's not with me. But this week there's trails to be hiked, breweries to invade, good food to eat, and friends to share it all with. Guitar playing can wait until next week.

AlanP - exactly. I've only seen these on ebay used and abused (for what I just paid for it) or in pristine condition asking MSRP.

Muddyfox: Until I had one, I said the same thing. You get one, and you learn your way around it.

Lee, Lincolnic, Josh: 1 year production guitar, flopped because it wasn't black, and had a Les Paul neck profile.

Rej: You gots PM.

pryde

Quote from: Clayford on May 18, 2014, 12:46:45 PM
Thanks all! I'm really stoked about it, I'm also really bummed it's not with me. But this week there's trails to be hiked, breweries to invade, good food to eat, and friends to share it all with. Guitar playing can wait until tomorrow.

Awesome find Clayford. On a side note I LOVE Asheville. Have done a lot of mountain biking and hiking in the Brevard area (Pisgah Nat. Forest, etc.). Got to get back there soon.

Clayford

Quote from: pryde on May 18, 2014, 01:03:29 PM
Thanks all! I'm really stoked about it, I'm also really bummed it's not with me. But this week there's trails to be hiked, breweries to invade, good food to eat, and friends to share it all with. Guitar playing can wait until tomorrow.

Awesome find Clayford. On a side note I LOVE Asheville. Have done a lot of mountain biking and hiking in the Brevard area (Pisgah Nat. Forest, etc.). Got to get back there soon.

;D Guess where we're going tomorrow  ;D
Leaving Gatlinburg today after finishing up some touristy crap(shopping) and headed to Asheville. I think dinner at Luella's tonight then we're off to the Pisgah National Forest tomorrow! I wish I was in shape enough to mountain bike, but I'm not... But that's ok I'll walk it. We're there through Friday morning.

pryde

Quote from: Clayford on May 18, 2014, 01:16:32 PM
Quote from: pryde on May 18, 2014, 01:03:29 PM

Dupont State Forest is also great hiking if you haven't been. "Last of the Mohicans" filmed there with some killer waterfalls and rock formations as well. Have a great time.

;D Guess where we're going tomorrow  ;D
Leaving Gatlinburg today after finishing up some touristy crap(shopping) and headed to Asheville. I think dinner at Luella's tonight then we're off to the Pisgah National Forest tomorrow! I wish I was in shape enough to mountain bike, but I'm not... But that's ok I'll walk it. We're there through Friday morning.

selfdestroyer

Never seen a 7 string Paul. Looks awesome.

Cody

sonarchotic

Congrats on the guitar! Enjoy Asheville, it is a great town. I live about a half hour west of it and can recommend a couple of music gear shops in town if have the time. Sherwoods and Axis Guitars are both on Patton in downtown and have some great stuff. The Moog factory tour is available during the week and I think Make Noise Synths will let you drop by. Black Out Effectors has a showroom close to downtown and they host bands there as well. Have fun!

Clayford

Quote from: sonarchotic on May 19, 2014, 02:00:18 AM
Congrats on the guitar! Enjoy Asheville, it is a great town. I live about a half hour west of it and can recommend a couple of music gear shops in town if have the time. Sherwoods and Axis Guitars are both on Patton in downtown and have some great stuff. The Moog factory tour is available during the week and I think Make Noise Synths will let you drop by. Black Out Effectors has a showroom close to downtown and they host bands there as well. Have fun!

THIS. Thank you. We only knew about the Moog tour. We stopped into Sherwoods last year and I ALMOST came home with a Green Flake Gretch Jet, but I was not willing to pay what they were asking. Would be funny if it was still there...

As an aside, I have ordered a set of ZEBRA Crunch Lab and Liquifires to go in this beauty. This will be a classy looking guitar that will push tubes into singing.

playpunk

Asheville is cool, and one of my best friends just got a job there, so we will be down there more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk