News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

After the Goldrush

Started by Parra, March 29, 2013, 09:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parra

Just posted this in the March final sub thread, my build for the contest:

This is two great drives in the same box, painted with gold acrylic spray, for obvious reasons...
No mods, and the Kingslayer comes before the Lavache. They sound great each one by itself, but when i stack them together the gain is just out of this world.

Audio demo of some sort....rhythm with the KS and lead with Lavache. Delay oscilation is just my last month build. (sorry for the high pitch noise on the background but the only power supply i had by hand was a crappy one, with a 9V batery it is dead quiet, even with the max1044 in there)

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/blablabla-16/untitled[/soundcloud]

midwayfair

Excellent name for the "blown tweed" theme.

Parra

thanks. it also goes well with all the "crazyness" and fever around the other pedal that we all know about...the color is just a bonus!

jprizz

Looks real good there. Lot of 2 n 1's popping up around here lately, I need to get on this bandwagon!

I've been trying to put a Klon off since it's been so hyped, but I find MB's Kingslayer moving closer and closer to the top of my To-Do list.

selfdestroyer

I really digging this .. Your sound sample/style reminds me of a guitarist in a band I played with in school. I always loved the abstract stuff he came up with. Sounds great man.

Parra

thank you. i just clicked record and played the first thing that came to my mind, without tunning and with 5 strings, those high E strings just keep breaking on me. =)
thanks jprizz, your build for the contest is just amazing, one of the best looking pedals i've ever seen! i put 2 pedals in one a lot of times just to save some $ on boxes...lol, and you should try the KS, it's really good and does a lot of things well.

slimtriggers

That's pretty cool  8)

I actually kinda dig the oscillation in the back ground.  It was just subtle enough to grab me and pull me in.