News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double flush tremolo - Pot substitution

Started by Gledison, June 10, 2014, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys,
I have only 10K log to use for the intensity pot. I know that is ok to substitute in certain cases but im not sure here.
I believe it will just respond slowly (have to turn more for higher intens.) but still do the job. is this correct?
thanks
Gledison
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

flanagan0718

Gledison

Quote from: flanagan0718 on June 10, 2014, 08:16:12 PM
I might have a B10k. You state side?
Thanks man, but im in Germany :P
no worries i could get a pot relatively easy here, i was just wondering if i could use a log instead of a linear for the intensity.
Cheers mate!

flanagan0718

Should be fine to substitute.
Where about in DE? The company I work for is based in Tuttlingen. Its a 2 hour train ride from Zurich.

Gledison

Quote from: flanagan0718 on June 10, 2014, 08:57:49 PM
Should be fine to substitute.
Where about in DE? The company I work for is based in Tuttlingen. Its a 2 hour train ride from Zurich.
Mannheim, 1 hour from frankfurt!

GrindCustoms

I have'nt look at the schem or build doc or the Double Flush, but if Intensity, works like a Depth control or for the width of the trem wave... a Log pot will be boring to tweak. You'll start to feel it's action way too late in it's rotation and in most case keeps you away from the «sweet spot».
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

flanagan0718

Ah nice. I need to go again. Been itching for some good kesse spetzle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midwayfair

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 10, 2014, 09:44:44 PM
I have'nt look at the schem or build doc or the Double Flush, but if Intensity, works like a Depth control or for the width of the trem wave... a Log pot will be boring to tweak. You'll start to feel it's action way too late in it's rotation and in most case keeps you away from the «sweet spot».

It's a series resistor with the LED as a current limiting resistor.

A B or even C taper is better. I wouldn't use an A taper.

Gledison

That's what i was afraid of!
I will get the right one! As it should!
Thanks John for the explanation. I understood that part, just thought that would still work with a non linear resistance adjustment. But yeah, most of the settings will start turning the knob all the way up!
Thanks!

Gledison

That's what i was afraid of!
I will get the right one! As it should!
Thanks John for the explanation. I understood that part, just thought that would still work with a non linear resistance adjustment. But yeah, most of the settings will start turning the knob all the way up!
Thanks!

Gledison

Quote from: midwayfair on June 11, 2014, 01:50:34 AM

Hey john,
if the pot is working as a CLR, it would be possible to use a higher value right? like 20k instead of 10k. i believe than, the max will be in the middle position, with no change after that....???
cheers

m-Kresol

Quote from: flanagan0718 on June 10, 2014, 09:44:52 PM

Kässpätzle is one of my favorite dishes. Also available in Austria :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

midwayfair

Quote from: Gledison on June 11, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

Hey john,
if the pot is working as a CLR, it would be possible to use a higher value right? like 20k instead of 10k. i believe than, the max will be in the middle position, with no change after that....???
cheers

Max is when it hits 0.

The issue is when the resistance gets LOW enough to start having an effect. So a 20KB might be bunched up in the same was as a 10KA.

Gledison

Quote from: m-Kresol on June 11, 2014, 05:40:27 PM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on June 10, 2014, 09:44:52 PM

Kässpätzle is one of my favorite dishes. Also available in Austria :D
Heheh! Yes its good but extremely high caloric! Normally i eat when im off for skiing :)

Gledison

Quote from: midwayfair on June 11, 2014, 05:44:02 PM
Quote from: Gledison on June 11, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

Hey john,
cheers

Max is when it hits 0.

The issue is when the resistance gets LOW enough to start having an effect. So a 20KB might be bunched up in the same was as a 10Ka.
Im being a lazy Ar§%&&%/()Ä'* here. :P
The prob is that im going for holiday (Worrlllld cup) and dont want to bother to geta 10Kb pot.
What about taking a 20Kb pot and add a 20K resistor between lugs 1 and 3 ? I know that wouldnt be a 100% like a 10k B pot but would be ok to use as CLR here?
cheers