News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser Shipping

Started by irmcdermott, July 24, 2012, 05:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Just placed a new order at Mouser and noticed that they now have a "Pre Determined Shipping" method. FOr my small order of like $8 it was $5.99. Not sure if this is a new flat shipping, or if it's variable. I didn't use it this time, since I know I can get it cheaper with their cheapest option for the amount of stuff I ordered from them in a bind. 

greyscales

I had an order last week with the same option, and it was about a $50 order. Seemed pretty reasonable considering the next option was a few dollars more.

jimmybjj

Interesting. I always feel like I get over charged for shipping there and then when my order ships they usually a another buck or two to my card. I don't feel like I ever paid under $6 for shipping.
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

I just say send first class USPS if under 13 oz in the notes section on the shipping options page.  My last order was 2.60 for shipping. (bunch of caps)

Josh

Edit:  jimmybjj  I'm not sure why you would get more tacked on.  My shipping is never added until it is sent.  The initial invoice never has shipping on it.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Same thing here. Placed an order on Sunday, shipped Monday with the 5.99 USPS shipping. It's mostly resistors, but what the hell---24 hour turn-around makes it worth it to me.

derevaun

This is good news, in one rare case: I can use up a visa debit gift card at Mouser. With uncertain shipping they'd overestimate shipping, even when I could accurately estimate shipping. Now if they'd accept Paypal  ::)

gtr2

I used the standard 5.99 shipping for a bigger order instead of the priority USPS.  It took 7 days  :o  It was sent out UPS and then transferred to USPS.  ???  Just an FYI.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pryde

Quote from: gtr2 on August 08, 2012, 10:11:30 PM
I used the standard 5.99 shipping for a bigger order instead of the priority USPS.  It took 7 days  :o  It was sent out UPS and then transferred to USPS.  ???  Just an FYI.

Josh

Same thing here. Just got my order, took 5 days with a UPS to USPS transfer.

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on July 24, 2012, 07:03:58 PM
but what the hell---24 hour turn-around makes it worth it to me.

Exactly. The shipping isn't the cheapest out there, but their order service is top-notch. Turnaround time is insanely fast, things are well packed, and they almost never make mistakes.

The only faster company I've ordered from was Newark. Once I ordered in the morning (like 8am) and I had the package at front door the next day. And I paid for UPS ground.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jkokura

Quote from: culturejam on August 09, 2012, 12:38:02 AM

Exactly. The shipping isn't the cheapest out there, but their order service is top-notch. Turnaround time is insanely fast, things are well packed, and they almost never make mistakes.

The only faster company I've ordered from was Newark. Once I ordered in the morning (like 8am) and I had the package at front door the next day. And I paid for UPS ground.  :o

CJ, I once ordered at 2PM from Mouser, and I got the package, on Vancouver Island, in Canada, the next morning.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: culturejam on August 09, 2012, 12:38:02 AM

I agree, I think mouser is one of our best suppliers.  I order about twice a month from them.  My post was just intended to warn others that the standard 5.99 shipping option is not the normal "speedy mouser" we have come to love!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

So I just looked into this again cause I want some axial caps - where is this cheaper shipping option? All I get is the usual $20 fast shipping via Fed-Ex and $8 priority mail.

For a handful of caps, I'm sure the First Class bill would be less than $3...

Maybe I should email them.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

irmcdermott

maybe it's just an option on the USofA page?

jkokura

Yeah, I ended up calling them. $8 shipped is the cheapest they do.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

jubal81

My recent orders have been a lot slower. The $5.99 first class took 7 days and $10 Fed Ex has an expected delivery date of 4 days.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair