News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

09.21 - Progress!

Started by madbean, September 21, 2012, 07:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Quote from: raulduke on October 01, 2012, 12:03:30 PM
Madbean; A quick query. I'm just ordering my parts for the nautilus from the BOM (a bit early I know but hey ho) during lunch break.

Would a VTL5C4 do the job for the octocouplers or does it have to be the VTL5C3?

The reason I ask is because VTL5C3's are a total PITA to get hold of in the UK. The VTL5C4, on the otherhand, is available straight from Farnell (the Digikey/Mouser of UK electronic stores).

Banzai has VTL5C3 in stock and shipping to the UK shouldn't be more than 5 Euro.  I actually still order from them and have it shipped to Canada as it's cheaper than Smallbear or ppp.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

£6.51 each from Banzai. Looks like I'll be putting another order in with SB when the boards arrive. Ah well, was an interesting exercise.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 02, 2012, 03:12:56 AM
Quote from: raulduke on October 01, 2012, 12:03:30 PM
Madbean; A quick query. I'm just ordering my parts for the nautilus from the BOM (a bit early I know but hey ho) during lunch break.

Would a VTL5C4 do the job for the octocouplers or does it have to be the VTL5C3?

The reason I ask is because VTL5C3's are a total PITA to get hold of in the UK. The VTL5C4, on the otherhand, is available straight from Farnell (the Digikey/Mouser of UK electronic stores).

Banzai has VTL5C3 in stock and shipping to the UK shouldn't be more than 5 Euro.  I actually still order from them and have it shipped to Canada as it's cheaper than Smallbear or ppp.

Ah cheers for the info mate!

I think I'll go with Banzai then.

There are a few other bits and pieces that I can get from them as well (they are one of the few EU places where I have found the small belton bricks for sale).

juansolo

Can get the small bricks from Das Musikding. They work out at about £14 each delivered from there. Though someone else reckoned it was cheaper to get them direct from Accutronics in Korea and it takes just as long (I get the impression that DMd don't carry them in stock as they take ages to deliver them).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

twofootskunk

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 30, 2012, 01:55:52 PM
Just a heads up for anyone ordering 1n8 caps for this bom from tayda.  They may have their parts bin for this particular component mis-labeled.  The baggie the caps are in is labeled as 1n8 but the caps inside are actually 183's.  I've emailed them about it just now to see if they just sent me the wrong part or what.

cheers

I ordered from from Tayda and got the same 183J100's instead of the 1n8 caps (182J100).  Did you hear anything from them about that?  I just put in a ticket.

I need to order the rest of the BOM for the Nautilus.  Are the pots and switches in the Nautilus build PCB mount?

This is only my second build and I'm really looking forward to it.  The first was the BYOC Divided Octave. Maybe I should try to build the whole mu-tron family :)

Haberdasher

Quote from: twofootskunk on October 04, 2012, 02:09:54 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on September 30, 2012, 01:55:52 PM
Just a heads up for anyone ordering 1n8 caps for this bom from tayda.  They may have their parts bin for this particular component mis-labeled.  The baggie the caps are in is labeled as 1n8 but the caps inside are actually 183's.  I've emailed them about it just now to see if they just sent me the wrong part or what.

cheers

I ordered from from Tayda and got the same 183J100's instead of the 1n8 caps (182J100).  Did you hear anything from them about that?  I just put in a ticket.

I need to order the rest of the BOM for the Nautilus.  Are the pots and switches in the Nautilus build PCB mount?

This is only my second build and I'm really looking forward to it.  The first was the BYOC Divided Octave. Maybe I should try to build the whole mu-tron family :)
Yeah I did receive a response from tayda but it was a simple apology letter for having made a mistake on my order.  They didn't indicate whether they sent me the wrong part or if they had it mis-labeled in their bin.  I did go look on their website though.  Now they are showing the 1n8 out of stock, and are selling 18n's.  So I do suspect that for a time they thought the 18n's were 1n8's.

BTW, the pots on the nautilus do look like pcb mount to me.

cheers
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

raulduke

Just a heads up to fellow EU guys; I ordered my Vactrols, and a couple of Mini Belton Bricks, a few days ago from Banzai and they have already shipped the package.

Pretty quick turnaround and the price was about as good as I could find in the EU (Doctor Tweek is usually my first port of call for parts like this, but he no longer stocks them).