News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dead Ringer 2-in-one wiring?

Started by MIM#1, May 27, 2014, 09:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIM#1

Hey guys, I'm sure this is obvious but not to me  :-\ I'm working on the Deadringer V2 and would like to combine it in one box with a compressor circuit. But the way the jacks are wired to the board I'm not sure how its done. I've done several 2-in-ones the old way of just linking the switches but I'm not sure how to pull it off with this diagram.http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Deadringer2/Deadringer2.pdf

jkokura

It depends on if you have the compressor before or after the DR2.

Before, you go from the output of the comps bypass switch to the input of the PCB. After you go from the output of the PCB to the input of the comps bypass switch.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

MIM#1

blearyeyes

I'm sure you already know there are some little PCBs for order switching floating around so you could have a toggle and be able to switch.  Don't know if that would be worth it but might be cool...

MIM#1

Ok, still not too clear. The comp is before the Deadringer. So do I go into IN1 or IN2[boost] Also, I guess I need to cram 2 wires into IN1  or 2 cause a wire still needs to go to the Deadringer footswitch from there?

jkokura

The compressor's output from the bypass switch is put in the place of the input jack wire in the dead ringer. Wherever the input jack connects, that's where you connect the comp.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

MIM#1

ok, got it! Iwas thinking board input 1 or 2 :-/