News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Common 2 in 1 effects pedals

Started by Soup39, September 16, 2014, 07:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup39

I was kicking around the idea of boxing up a treble boost and "clean" boost into a single pedal.  Not sure if this is practical, so I was looking for input.

What are the most common 2 in 1 pedals out there or that you've built and enjoyed?

mremic01

I'm not so sure if they common, but I've tried a TS/Klon and a Distortion+/Thor. The Dist+/Thor was for Randy Rhoads tones and it was pretty meh. The TS/Klon solves my main beef with the TS: not enough boost with the gain turned down. I really like having a Decimator in series with a compressor. The Decimator cleans up any noise before it gets to the compressor, so the compressor has no noise to boost.

I've also got a ton of TS + Whatever Distortion Circuit + Rebote 2.5 builds. It makes for a good all-in-one pedal. Just put whatever flavour distortion you want in the middle.

GermanCdn

8 Ball and a Kingslayer with an order switcher is a great stacked OD combo

Afterlife + Kingslayer play really well together

Afterlife + Fatpants is a great clean boost

Bearhug + Lil Red Booster also a great clean boost

Bloviator + Fatpants is really effective for single coil guitars

Slow Loris + Mudbunny = lots of good noize

Wolfshirt + Macheen = pure audio terror

Scuba Muff + Hotcake = great fuzz

Hot Chilicon + SHO = great fuzz

Multiplex Jr + RADD = should be in everyone's effects loop
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

I did a phase 45 and a phase 90. I also have a klon and a boost.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Did a SHO into a Sprout... it ok at best.

Going to do a Porkbarrel into a Sea Urchin soon.

davent

Quote from: Soup39 on September 16, 2014, 07:51:40 PM
I was kicking around the idea of boxing up a treble boost and "clean" boost into a single pedal.  Not sure if this is practical, so I was looking for input.

What are the most common 2 in 1 pedals out there or that you've built and enjoyed?

Been entertaining the same idea as i really like my recent rangemaster build into my SHO (more accurately a 2 in 1).

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

I did a couple of 4 in 1s. I dig those.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Well, for 4 in 1's, gotta recommend Juan's Space Ritual line up. Especially if you like spacey post rock stuff.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

Quote from: Willybomb on September 16, 2014, 11:17:04 PM
Going to do a Porkbarrel into a Sea Urchin soon.

You just know before building it that that is going to sound gooood  :D

Built a Naga Viper clone last night. That running into my DLS was pure awesome.

If I built a 2in1, I'd most likely put those two together (or another cool jfet drive).

Droogie

I did a Naga Viper and a Fat Control in one 125B—covers treble, full range and serious low mid.

Quote from: raulduke on September 17, 2014, 08:38:17 AM

Built a Naga Viper clone last night. That running into my DLS was pure awesome.

I bet that kicks ass!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Jopn

Fallstaff OD + Clipper Ship.

Mmmm, tasty germanium transistor OD goodness!

flanagan0718

I was thinking of doing a Cave Dweller Dub into a Tenebroin. Thoughts?

96ecss

On my board now, I have a SHO into a Timmy in a 1590BB and a Tonepad Small Clone into a Rebote 2.5 in a 1590D.

Dave

Cortexturizer

I think putting an octave fuzz and a compressor in one box can be pretty useful.
The Octavia (or other) would all the same go before your overdrives and other effects, probably almost first in the chain, and it is the same with the compressor. I've had such a box for a long time and it served me well. I will probably make another one soon.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams