News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bumblebee Not Working

Started by BrianS, May 04, 2015, 07:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

No idea what the heck I did to this. It will bypass but once switched on I get nothing. My voltages are way out of wack from the ones that I found from another post. I used a Road Rage to change the power input. This just blows me away. Maybe I have the Road Rage hooked up wrong but I followed the instructions. Any ideas on how I screwed up this 25 part build :o? Here are the voltages I am getting:

Q1                       Q2             Q3
E - 8.56                E - 8.66      E - 9.15     
B - 8.46                B - 8.56      B - 9.10
C - 8.16                C - 8.13      C - 9.10

midwayfair

Uhhh ... you need to put a chip into the road rage ...

BrianS

Ok Jon. I feel real stupid. If you go back to page 4 of the build doc it says to solder D1, D4, C1, C2, C6 and C7 and omit everything else for the voltage change. That's why I didn't put one in. I hope I didn't fry the transistors. Thanks for the help.

midwayfair

Quote from: BrianS on May 04, 2015, 10:21:44 PM
Ok Jon. I feel real stupid. If you go back to page 4 of the build doc it says to solder D1, D4, C1, C2, C6 and C7 and omit everything else for the voltage change. That's why I didn't put one in. I hope I didn't fry the transistors. Thanks for the help.

Nah the trannies will be fine

BrianS

Put a LT1054 in and still the same. Get bypass, switch on nothing.

midwayfair

Measure your voltages at the -9v pad without it connected to the circuit.

BrianS

I don't understand what you mean by not connected to the circuit. Could you please explain what you want me to do? Sorry for being a pain.

midwayfair

Disconnect the road range from the bumblebee board. Make sure the road rage is working. There's no point in troubleshooting the fuzz if the power supply isn't working properly yet.

BrianS

Ok. Will do when I get home today. Thanks.

BrianS

midwayfair

okay. Reconnect it to the PCB. Are you getting -9V on the power rail, and 0V on the ground points?

BrianS

Yes. -8.89 and 0 on ground Pts. all transistors are still registering positive 9s.

madbean

The only way that can happen is if you have crossed the -9v and G wires from the RR to the BB board or if you have reversed the leads on your DMM when measuring voltages. Make sure that -9v on the RR board goes to -9v on the BB board and G to G. With your DMM use the black lead for ground and the red lead to measure the collector voltages on the transistors. You should now read negative voltages.

BrianS

Screwed that up. Now the -9 from RR is going to the -9 on BB and G from RR to G on BB. Now I get a 0 on all transistors except a -.05 on Q1 and Q3 base. Still bypass but zero when switched on.

luks999

can you post some pics again from pcb up / down and the wiring (especially RR) ?
when you measure the supply voltage on the pcb, what does it show?