News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Didn't somebody on here do Pickup winding?

Started by matmosphere, April 12, 2016, 08:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I remember before the great crash that there was a guy on here that would selling pickups he had wound. Anybody remember who it was and know if he's still doing it? I'm working on a guitar build and thinking I might give him some business.

Scruffie

It was Timbo, unfortunately he was suffering from some health issues so I believe he's on a break from it while he recovers.
Works at Lectric-FX

PhiloB

Get well soon Timbo, prayer for quick recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thesameage

Yes... kickass winder, though. Hope it makes it back soon!

Scruffie

Quote from: thesameage on April 13, 2016, 12:47:37 AM
Yes... kickass winder, though. Hope it makes it back soon!
I didn't want to rub it in... but seriously the P90s he wound me are glorious. I still need to PM him to thank him, although it doesn't look like he's logged in since the crash.

Fingers crossed he does make it back to the forum, his presence and skills are missed.
Works at Lectric-FX

matmosphere

Thanks for letting me know guys, I'm starting to remember a little of this now. I remember Timbo having some health issues, but I didn't remember it was him that did winding.

I hope he's feeling better. Maybe he'll pop up again sometime.

And Scruffie, it sort of feels like you're rubbing it in :P

BrianS

There is someone else that does it also. I pm'ed him and I thought I had saved the reply email but I guess I deleted it. I can't remember who it was but it wasn't Timbo.

blearyeyes

I hope Timbo is OK. Anybody know him personally?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: blearyeyes on April 14, 2016, 02:32:53 AM
I hope Timbo is OK. Anybody know him personally?

I do (We live/are stuck in the same city) and he's been off the grid. He is a very focused individual and I just gave him the space he needed to focus on his family and his medical condition. I am sure he will be back in due time but until then, we with his pickups can make everyone jealous...lol I kid.. I kid.

Cody

matmosphere

I remember feeling stuck in my hometown. It was like a black hole that no one could escape. I got out in my mid twenties and have never looked back. It did me a lot of good. I got away from a lot of unhealthy patterns and relationships, finished school and have been much happier because of it.

The only thing I miss is my old band. I've never actually gotten a good band rolling out here.

I've got some time before I need pickups. Maybe Timbo will pop up again. Hope he's feeling more healthy.

culturejam

I wish had some extra time to get into pickup winding. I think I'd like it. Plus, I could 3D-print my own flatwork!

I'm tempted to bang out a set of singles for my Strat just to see how it is, but I know I'll end up being tempting to buy a legit winder and then it will be a very expensive set of pickups.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

flanagan0718

Yeah I've kinda been waiting for his glorious return before I purchase a set of mini hums for my LP...Might have to buy some cheapo's and have him wind some later on.