Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bumblebee Not Working

Started by BrianS, May 04, 2015, 07:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

I am getting a -8.92 at -9 pad on BB.

madbean

If you've got -9v to the BB board I'm not sure how you are getting not voltage readings on the collectors. Try pulling Q1 and measure the voltage readings on the socket.

Bret608

One other thing to do when measuring collector voltages for this circuit--make sure you have the balance pot turned up. It actually effects Q3 bias. Even with it all the way up, the voltage reading on Q3's collector won't be very high (perhaps less than 1 volt if you have a leaky transistor in Q3).

I think your Q1 and Q2 collector voltages should be around 3 to 4 volts. I'm just going off the fact that the setup is similar to a MkIII Tonebender, but I think that's the ballpark.

BrianS

Sorry it's taken so long to respond back. I have like 4 builds that have just gone to crap and I am just really frustrated.  When I get to that point I put them up and ponder on what Ive done wrong (perhaps I shouldn't be building these things is what I usually think). This seems to come in cycles. I build 5 or 6 with no problems and then a tornado hits.

The only voltage I am getting is 1.44 on the base of Q1. Nothing on 2 or 3 and I have the balance pot turned all the way up.

TGP39

Double check R5. It should be a 10k resistor (brown,black,black,red,brown.). It doesn't look right to me.   Try not to get overwhelmed, we've all had these rough patches.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

BrianS

Its a 10K but I replaced it with another one. I reflowed all the solder points and I am still getting the 1.44 on Q1, nothing at Q2 and I am getting a 4.47 now on the collector of Q3. But now I have no bypass just a loud din when off or on.  >:( :o This one is really testing my patience.

luks999

hmm following you can try:
-) have you connected your output right? i cant see if its connected to either the cap or the output pin
-) the pads from the balance pot suffered heavy soldering. i would check there if the pot pins have a connection to the circuit

otherwise: can you post a pic of your 3pdt wiring as well please?