News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 or 7 band eq ge-7 based?

Started by redkurn, March 19, 2021, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

Was wondering if there is one or if you can make one up Brian.
Maybe you could make it have both and optional to have both on or one at a time.

All knobs or sliders for the 7 band if reasonable to build.

matmosphere

I think somebody makes a six band eq board with sliders, but I don't remember where I saw that. It's harder to cut slots for sliders than it is to drill holes for pots though.

I remember a few people using two of the thcustom 5 band eq board to make a 10 band eq by changing cap values and hooking them up in series.

redkurn

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 20, 2021, 12:09:47 AM
I think somebody makes a six band eq board with sliders, but I don't remember where I saw that. It's harder to cut slots for sliders than it is to drill holes for pots though.

I remember a few people using two of the thcustom 5 band eq board to make a 10 band eq by changing cap values and hooking them up in series.

Interesting, I was thinking maybe knobs over sliders would be easier, but having the 3 band available too would be good.
It would be one heck of a beast pedal, right now I'm using my mixer for the 3 band, but if I had a pedal instead it would be better, even if I had to make some changes so I can route audio into my pc and amp differently and I have been thinking of using the amp send instead of the mixer anyway.

Probably going to sell the mixer, so I was thinking I need a pedal, I've had it for maybe a month and it's more than I need.  :o

PapaKev

I ordered this one. https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/pcb369/
I also just bought a nice used Boss GE-7 on ebay just in case its crap.

gordo

The pedalpcb ones (there's a slider version and a knob version) are really nice. It's a redo of the old mxr but nice and quiet.

I posted value changes to get the XTS mod frequencies:

So if the first five bands are Sallen-Key Hi Pass Filters the parts values would change to:
400Hz   
C5   68n
C6   220n
R11   22k
800Hz   
C7   33n
C8   120n
R13   22k
1.6KHz   
C9   15n
C10   68n
R15   20k
2.0KHz   
C11   12n
C12   56n
R17   24k
2.5KHz   
C13   10n
C14   39n
R19   22k
4.0KHz   
C16   47n
R20   820r
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

PapaKev

Quote from: gordo on March 20, 2021, 01:48:18 AM
The pedalpcb ones (there's a slider version and a knob version) are really nice. It's a redo of the old mxr but nice and quiet.

I posted value changes to get the XTS mod frequencies:

So if the first five bands are Sallen-Key Hi Pass Filters the parts values would change to:
400Hz   
C5   68n
C6   220n
R11   22k
800Hz   
C7   33n
C8   120n
R13   22k
1.6KHz   
C9   15n
C10   68n
R15   20k
2.0KHz   
C11   12n
C12   56n
R17   24k
2.5KHz   
C13   10n
C14   39n
R19   22k
4.0KHz   
C16   47n
R20   820r

Thanks!

redkurn

Quote from: PapaKev on March 20, 2021, 01:30:15 AM

Let me know how that pedal goes, it definitely seems geared toward different frequencies than the ge-7 and probably not a bad thing if you know what you are doing and change the values for what you want. (I am clueless there)

I realize the slots are hard to cut, but there are ways with basic tools and also realized I've been modeling and printing my boxes lately and slide faders wouldn't be a problem if they aren't expensive and I've seen a pedal in a old DIY video that used only knobs which gave a finer control apparently.

PapaKev

Quote from: redkurn on March 20, 2021, 02:56:44 AM
Quote from: PapaKev on March 20, 2021, 01:30:15 AM

Let me know how that pedal goes, it definitely seems geared toward different frequencies than the ge-7 and probably not a bad thing if you know what you are doing and change the values for what you want. (I am clueless there)

I realize the slots are hard to cut, but there are ways with basic tools and also realized I've been modeling and printing my boxes lately and slide faders wouldn't be a problem if they aren't expensive and I've seen a pedal in a old DIY video that used only knobs which gave a finer control apparently.

Will do.