News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Quote from: frankie5fingers on April 24, 2013, 01:03:51 AMThey are, definitely.  With this guitar and a 5E3 they cut like knife.  I can take that rig out with only a Rangemaster and a delay.  It's like listening to the angels sing.
man, it's such a great joy to play guitar when you really love your sound and tone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

jimilee

This is a fender squire pbass 20th anniversary editon. I put the pick guard and some dimarzio humbuckers in it, along with a hips hot. Sounds really good.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Quote from: jimilee on April 24, 2013, 01:52:41 AM
This is a fender squire pbass 20th anniversary editon. I put the pick guard and some dimarzio humbuckers in it, along with a hips hot. Sounds really good.
those hop shot bridges are a big bonus on a bass. I remember when big burly meaty badass bridges were all the rage...
Are those rail pickups?

one louder.

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on April 24, 2013, 02:42:35 AM
Quote from: jimilee on April 24, 2013, 01:52:41 AM

those hop shot bridges are a big bonus on a bass. I remember when big burly meaty badass bridges were all the rage...
Are those rail pickups?

Yep rail pickups, totally forgot it has a bad ass bridge on it too. It sou d's rally full.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Here's another one, korean made parker pm-20.  At the time I was looking for a mahogany body set neck guitar with an ebony board that was lightweight and had good sustain.  I got my wish.  Not the end-all be-all, but it's pretty cool I guess.  I put in sperzel tuners, better pickups and graph tech resomax bridge, all nice improvements.  fun little guitar.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

JakeFuzz

Quote from: Haberdasher on April 24, 2013, 02:51:38 AM
Here's another one, korean made parker pm-20.  At the time I was looking for a mahogany body set neck guitar with an ebony board that was lightweight and had good sustain.  I got my wish.  Not the end-all be-all, but it's pretty cool I guess.  I put in sperzel tuners, better pickups and graph tech resomax bridge, all nice improvements.  fun little guitar.

So sick! I've wanted to see this guitar since you last mentioned it. It looks gorgeous, like it is on fire or something. Is that a birdseye maple top?

jubal81

Wowser. That's a beauty.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Haberdasher

Quote from: jubal81 on April 24, 2013, 05:06:04 AM
Here's another one, korean made parker pm-20.  At the time I was looking for a mahogany body set neck guitar with an ebony board that was lightweight and had good sustain.  I got my wish.  Not the end-all be-all, but it's pretty cool I guess.  I put in sperzel tuners, better pickups and graph tech resomax bridge, all nice improvements.  fun little guitar.

Wowser. That's a beauty.
Thanks dude!

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Haberdasher

Quote from: JakeFuzz on April 24, 2013, 04:54:36 AM
Here's another one, korean made parker pm-20.  At the time I was looking for a mahogany body set neck guitar with an ebony board that was lightweight and had good sustain.  I got my wish.  Not the end-all be-all, but it's pretty cool I guess.  I put in sperzel tuners, better pickups and graph tech resomax bridge, all nice improvements.  fun little guitar.

So sick! I've wanted to see this guitar since you last mentioned it. It looks gorgeous, like it is on fire or something. Is that a birdseye maple top?
That finish was called honey burst mappa burl.  Here's a stock photo I found of it (not my guitar).  Mine has a really interesting pattern.  It's kind of weird, but you're right- looks like flames.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

raulduke

Quote from: ch1naski on April 24, 2013, 01:19:17 AM
1967 Gibson SG Special-_- bone stock.
Plays too good, if that's possible.;)

That SG is drool worthy... gorgeous guitar dude.

REPTAR

2 1972 Alvarez 000 Martin copies

60's/70's Teisco

96 Strat and Modern player tele plus

70's? Eagle MIJ LP Custom bolt-on copy (pawn shop score)

Mycpotter

My number one: 90's Gibson Explorer with Sheptone P90H pickups, Bareknuckle 550k pots and Jenson cap wired 50's style.

ch1naski

Quote from: Mycpotter on April 27, 2013, 10:19:03 AM
My number one: 90's Gibson Explorer with Sheptone P90H pickups, Bareknuckle 550k pots and Jenson cap wired 50's style.

Beauty!
how do you like those sheps?
And does the extra 50k on the pots make a difference?
one louder.

jkokura

I have a set of Sheptone PAF's on my Epi Dot - love em.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Mycpotter

Beauty!
how do you like those sheps?
And does the extra 50k on the pots make a difference?

I took a chance on them and got them really cheap (AU$175 for the pair). Never had much to do with P90s before but man.... Its totally changed the way i hear my sound in my head, im so in love with them, and in the explorer they just BOOM! Neck is like butter and the bridge has just enough bright edge and snap, plus they both have a nice smooth growl. Had to change my playing style a bit, I cant be as sloppy with these as I am with 'buckers

No difference with the extra 50k to my ears anyway, its just to offset the %tolerance of the pots so they are closer to the 500k that gibbo's are supposed to have, I think thats the way they explain it  ;D