News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ImageShack Troubles?

Started by pryde, January 10, 2014, 11:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hello gang. I have been using imageshack for a while but they recently redesigned their site and now I can't upload any pics from my computer onto their site?

I hit the "upload" button (top right of page) then browse my hard drive, select the photo to be uploaded and kit OK. Then....nothing happens? What the hellz am I doing wrong? Been trying to figure this out but no luck. Any ideas?

Also, I am not opposed to trying another free image host if there is something better but never had issues with IS until the re-design. Thanks for any help

billstein

I had the same problem, finally gave up and used photobucket.

davent

I used Imageshack for a bit when i first started this crazy stuff years ago then switched to photobucket and been there since. They did a redesign a while back which i didn't think much at first but we've worked out our differences and we're happy together now.

Lots of others out there that are suppose to work well.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pryde

I just opened a photobucket account and it seems to work without problems so out with the old I suppose

rullywowr

Dropbox also works great, just put them in the "public" folder.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Vallhagen

Quote from: rullywowr on January 11, 2014, 04:55:41 PM
Dropbox also works great, just put them in the "public" folder.

Agrees on this. Try Dropbox, its great, not only for sharing pics, but for sharing... anything:). Very convenient.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

pryde

Oh cool. I use dropbox for docs but did not think about photo hosting with it. It has the link options to post in forums I take it?

stevie1556

Another vote for dropbox. I've fallen out of love with photobucket since the site revamp and it doesn't play well  with Opera now. Oh, and tapatalk hosting (have to do a one off payment for unlimited file hosting) but it's great if you use the forum on a phone or tablet.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

alanp

I have Safari installed purely so I can use photobucket and OSHpark (it doesn't upload brd's right with Opera, for some reason.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Vallhagen

Quote from: pryde on January 11, 2014, 09:59:06 PM
Oh cool. I use dropbox for docs but did not think about photo hosting with it. It has the link options to post in forums I take it?
yes. Just place your file in The public folder (or a subfolder under The public one), then rightclick The file, and you Will find a "copy public link" alternative. Then just paste that link in your forum post.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

rullywowr

Quote from: Vallhagen on January 11, 2014, 11:27:46 PM

Quote from: pryde on January 11, 2014, 09:59:06 PM
yes. Just place your file in The public folder (or a subfolder under The public one), then rightclick The file, and you Will find a "copy public link" alternative. Then just paste that link in your forum post.

Cheers

That's what I do, really easy. Plus you can organize by folder.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

DutchMF

Just my $0.02: I used to have my share of troubles with Imageshack, but lately, it's been functioning flawlessly for me. No more 'Uploaded with Imageshack' crap, rotating pics is not even needed anymore (how the hell do they know how my pics need to be orientated?????), I'm happy with it......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"