News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The end of crap clips....

Started by GrindCustoms, December 18, 2014, 10:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Well, my iPhone decided that he was bored of listening to me... ::)

Spent like an hour yesterday to nail some riffage in my Ditto looper of the TSM680 MKII muff variant for in the end not be able to capture crap-someness of it...

I use a Tascam iM2 condenser mic that attach to it, at first i thought that it was faulty, but even without it does'nt work.

Have this ever happened to anyone, am i just missing something.... it's an iPhone4 that i have.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 18, 2014, 10:49:33 PM
Well, my iPhone decided that he was bored of listening to me... ::)

Spent like an hour yesterday to nail some riffage in my Ditto looper of the TSM680 MKII muff variant for in the end not be able to capture crap-someness of it...

I use a Tascam iM2 condenser mic that attach to it, at first i thought that it was faulty, but even without it does'nt work.

Have this ever happened to anyone, am i just missing something.... it's an iPhone4 that i have.

Rej

Few thoughts.

Did you reboot the phone (I'm sure you did but I have to ask) Apps can lock up the sound.
sometimes lint and junk can get can get in the socket and "maybe" it thinks something is still plugged in or its shorting something. Any problems charging the phone?

Cody

pickdropper

How does the mic connect to the phone?  Is it through the 30-pin connector or through the headphone socket?

And yes, Cody is right: hard boot the phone first.  Hold down the power switch the the home button at the same time until the screen goes black.  Keeping holding them until the Apple logo shows up.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

It worked, just had to reboot it... did'nt thought of doing that.

Thanks guys and sorry for everyone... ...ain't done with crap clips! ;)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

Awesome Rej, back in business.

Cody

casssax

I have one of those mics. I used to use it to record band practices. It sounds pretty good and with the level control on the mic you can record in a really loud room without it distorting.

pickdropper

I have one of the Apogee mics, but haven't really dug into it.  I should do some clips with that and Garageband.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper