News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multiplex Echo/Moodring multiFX and a Lace Sensor Doppleganger

Started by pogart, May 15, 2015, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pogart

I thought I should  post a thank you for the help and patience everyone has shown me in here and a few pics of the builds you walked me through the troubleshooting I needed to get them working properly. Each build gets a little easier and the wires get a little shorter : ) Still reaching for the level of what I see in here (the first few I did I am scared to open again since they are like a jack in the box surprise and they may stop working if I do). Either way, I dig the effects, the forum crew and laughing at my mistakes when I figure them out on my own (wiring the input to the output pads and the output to the input pads "wtf..how come I have no sound??" and drilling the pot holes on the wrong side of the enclosure so the board doesn't line up..twice!). Onto the next project in the pile : )

marmora

That swirl!
Take it from someone with a lot of trial and error experience: This hobby gets more fun when you spend less time debugging and more playing.
Enjoy your builds!

Apocalypto

Leevibe

Great work Pogart! I really love the swirl. I need to try that.

diablochris6

Great ideas, both in pedal choice and enclosure design. Those metal knobs are pretty awesome too. They look like you snagged them off of someone's hi-fi.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

pogart

Not a huge amount of options on knobs close by unless I order online. These come in a few sizes and are not a bad price. I think .60 for small and $1.00 for the large one.  I am making a few round orb shaped  knobs from some art supplies I have that are turning out pretty cool. Very "Space 1999 tv show era".

jimilee

That's crazy man, I bet the multiplex mooring combo sounds great too
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

mcasemo

Love these.  I was planning a moodring with a cardinal tremolo, and actually just made a multiplex and love it. 

Like your description/sentiment of the process, wires getting shorter, haha.  so true.  I've done some stupid things, nice to have a place where I can share (if i choose).

nzCdog

pogart

I swear these pedals have not been turned off in since I fired them up. With the DOP and the delay/reverb going it's like a whirlpool vortex of ambient groove... like getting high, and I haven't been high in decades : )

LaceSensor

First completed yellowboard that Ive seen posted, congrats

pogart

Thanks LaceSensor. Super fun build. Still need to wire up the pseudo-stereo jack but at least it's in there. Such a cool pedal.