News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rat, complete with LED eye

Started by diablochris6, May 16, 2015, 03:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Got the GuitarPCB Rat board from a PIF. I was interested in this circuit since a couple guitar idols (Scofield, Frisell) have used this to dirty up their jazz lines. Used a TL071 since that is what I had available. Great 80's crunch! I was playing the Holy Diver riff on this for 30 minutes, and when I stopped, I noticed I had tiger-print spandex on and Aqua Net in my hair. I have pretty much given up hope with etching with the materials I have available to me right now; the graphic is just copier toner that I ironed on after printing on some magazine paper. Because I have a disease, I was compelled to give the rat a LED eye. It is a bi-color LED; red when off, blue when on. The insides are not great; I didn't really care for the layout of the the PCB. On the plus side, this thing ROCKS. As for knobs...we don't need no stinkin' knobs! I'll get some later.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

marmora

Looks dope!
You should update your avatar with tiger print and Aqua Net
Had no idea jazz players went near a Rat. Will have to investigate.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

Love it. Your origin story is equally cool.  Nice idea with the bicolour LED too! 8)

lincolnic

LED eyes always make pedals sound better. It's science.

Luke51411

TGP39

Great job Chris.  Silver or black knobs on that would look really cool. I've never built a Rat or a Rat variant before....there's only so many PCB's I can solder in a day.  :o
Again, Really clean work.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Guitarmageddon

I like that graphic!  8)
Quote from: marmora on May 16, 2015, 03:30:14 AM
Had no idea jazz players went near a Rat. Will have to investigate.
Many of them. I think it's because it works well with a neck humbucker. A couple other notable jazz users are Kurt Rosenwinkel and Ben Monder.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

dropanchor812

I like the diagonal sanding, very nice.