News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Thought I would geek out and get a 'family photo'  :)

From top left to right:

Les Paul Studio (my first 'proper guitar' that I got when I was 16, all stock). It's had a hammering over the years, but I love it.

USA Strat (with new pickguard, pots etc and BKP 'Mothers Milk' Pickups). Really nice, but is overdue a good setup.

Gretsch Electromatic (fantastic guitars for the money, the new ones even have filtertron pickups already fitted).

Mex Strat (modded with new noiseless pickups, pickguard, electronics etc.). This is one of the faves.

Squier Matt Freeman Precision bass (new pickups and pguard, electronics/jack etc.). This is a fantastic bass for the money, especially with a set of flatwounds on there  ;).

Eternal Guitars 'Betty'. My 'poshest' guitar by far; custom ordered. I can't recommend Eternal guitars enough.

Baja Tele. The 'Black sheep' of the lot. I just can't get along with the big neck. Otherwise a lovely guitar. If any of you UK guys want to buy/trade let me know ;)

GermanCdn

Nice, I'd say we're brothers from a different mother based on the family photo.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

icecycle66

all your bass are disappoint

On the left you have "Intelligent Giant".  Getting this made was an awesome experience. 
It has it's own section at the builders page: http://theguitarcustomshop.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=401

On the right you have, "Evil Demon Bass". It's an ESP F-205.

jeffaroo

that 6-string is bad ass
now if only you had E.T. fingers, you could play it like a guitar !
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

nzCdog

stecykmi

Quote from: icecycle66 on December 20, 2012, 01:29:20 AM
all your bass are disappoint

On the left you have "Intelligent Giant".  Getting this made was an awesome experience. 
It has it's own section at the builders page: http://theguitarcustomshop.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=401

On the right you have, "Evil Demon Bass". It's an ESP F-205.

holy smokes! do you know if the builder made another one like it? how's it play?!

is it taboo to ask how much it cost?

nzCdog

Quote from: raulduke on December 19, 2012, 11:34:17 PM
Thought I would geek out and get a 'family photo'  :)
Good lookin family there RD ;)

GrindCustoms

@RaulDuke, man............that LP Studio.........i had one exactly like that.........loved it so much, but i got it stolen after a gig with a 05/16 Team J.Craft(Ibby) 7 string guitar.....  :'(
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

raulduke

Hey Rej yeah they are great guitars. I think Gibsons were made a lot better back in the 90's compared to today?

Shame about yours getting nicked mate; the B*stards  >:(!

Me and my Dad went to get my first 'proper' electric guitar; I had a really crummy squier affinity beforehand, which were crap back then.

I wanted a white epiphone les paul custom (so I could look like James Dean Bradfield  ::)), but the Gibson studio wasn't much more. My Dad treated me, and I guess knew that it would last me, and its ended up being the one guitar I would never sell; to much sentimental value.

Lets see some more ensemble pics guys ;)!

icecycle66

Quote from: stecykmi on December 20, 2012, 02:38:37 AMholy smokes! do you know if the builder made another one like it? how's it play?!

is it taboo to ask how much it cost?

Neither the shop nor the actual builder have built another of these models. The entire thing was designed and scoped to, by, and for me. At one point they had to create some new tools to do some of the work on the back of it.

In fact, the guy who built it retired from luthiering when he finished.  I like to think that he felt as though he had made his masterpiece and quit on a high note; but I think he was ready retire anyway.

It plays like a dream. The string spacing is custom to me, as in i measured out how my plucking fingers naturally fall and used that for string spacing.  The neck is just like my fiver.  It's thin and flat. 

The only thing I don't like aobut it is that it feels like it weighs a million pounds.  Actual weight is right at 14 pounds. That's 1 stone for you European and Australian folk (stone? that's what you use right?)

As far as cost.  I don't mind being asked or answering, but I'm always interested in what you think it costs before I tell you.

studiodunn

Ahhhh, building guitars.....my first addiction.
Some are total blank wood builds, some are mods, some are scrap heap saves. All were loved, most were sold.

Now that I've gotten into pedals, building amps is the next logical step. The thought of having a complete rig of my doing is pretty cool IMO.

jkokura

Whoa! Stop the train those are awesome! I particularly like Bigsbys... so they're all awesome no matter what kind of guitar they are!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Wow... I like that last one in particular... kinda like a reso hybrid?  Looks awesome!

rowland1

My newest is this MIM FSR Ash Tele. Never had a Telecaster before. I love this thing!

AllenM

Some pics of my ladies.. (not the best picture taker.. sorry)

((Some reason some of the pics are rotated differently then when I uploaded them to photobucket.. oh well))

Safe to say none of them are original.. always tinkering with the electronics.. the strats and pauls are all upgraded hardware..

Group Shot

Custom Strat ( Warmoth body and neck.. still tweaking the setup)

Red Strat.. my main guitar for practice and recording

Red Les Paul.. aka Isabelle

Burst Les Paul..  aka Diana

Cobain Jagstang.. well I am left handed

ESP Tele.. found in a pawn shop

Close up of decal on tele.. guy was trying to scrape it off when I walked in

Ibanez RG something..

Carvin I picked up used from GC..